So here we are on another COLD and SNOWY Idaho morning. I'm still a little confused about all this snow. Everyone keeps saying that they don't understand why we are getting this snow. We got another 2-3 inches last night and Bill said it's been snowing off and on all morning.
We were quickly awaken this morning at 5:15 (not realizing it had snowed). I woke up because I saw this huge flash of light. About 15 seconds later it happened again which woke Bill up. We both jumped up to look out the window because it looked as though someone was flashing a bright light in our window which is impossible. We saw nothing. So Bill say oh my goodness. I was confused and asked what he was talking about. He said "look at the snow." I hadn't even noticed. So Bill went to the living room to look out the big window to see if he could see anything else. As he was walking in, there was a huge flash of light and then sparks that went down a block and then back up and huge display of sparks. Of course Bill misses this as he was walking to the window. I yelled in that we need to call 911 to report it and of course he thinks there's something wrong with me. Isn't he such a good husband?????? As I said that the police car drove up and the electricity went out. Our first thought was great, this house is going to get really cold really quick. They ended up closing our road and all the roads around us. So we started making plans as I have my last doctor's appointment today. Bill went back to bed and I couldn't sleep so I did a few things around the house.
I've learned that one of my favorite things to do when I can't sleep is to go into Isaac's room and sit in the rocking chair and pray for him. I'm almost at the point that I think I wake up just to do this. It's such an enjoyable time. It's so hard to think that in just a few days I will have a little baby boy in that bed, it won't be empty. That's an overwhelming but exciting part!
While I was trying to figure out what to do with no electricity and the house continuing to get colder, I decided to light a candle and have my time with God. As I was reading my Henry Blackaby book, today's lesson was on "Religion or Relationship." One thing that he said, loosely paraphrased, was that everything that God does is in order to bring us closer to His love. As I sat there this morning reminding myself and God, even though He didn't forget, that I know He has a plan and there's a perfect reason why I wasn't in the hospital this morning having the baby I was quickly reminded that everything He does is to bring me closer to Him. The theme of my life is confirmed at least once daily, if not more than once a day, that God's plan is so perfect and so much bigger than I am. If I would've done to the hospital yesterday I would have been sick as a dog with a Sinus Infection and not able to breathe while giving birth. I went in yesterday to the dr because I thought I had strep throat but it turns out I had a Sinus Infection. She gave me antibiotics and I already feel better today. I needed yesterday to rest and for my body to get better. God knew that, but of course I didn't. Don't get me wrong, there are many times I have no idea why God orchestrates things the way He does, but I have enough faith to know that He in fact knows exactly what He is doing and my finite mind has no idea what it's doing, especially lately :-) I'm just amazed at his plan for us. I feel so special that He loves me so much to make sure that everything for my journey is perfectly plan. How much love He has for me. It's just an overwhelming thought. God is so good.
So to end up our story.....the electricity came back on around 7:15. The house only cooled down about 10 degrees in that 2 hours. I thought this was funny, you might not, but our refrigerator tells you the temperature of the freezer and fridge. Usually the freezer is -2, in those 2 hours, it rose to 28degrees and the fridge only rose 2 degrees. I just thought that was very interesting. I don't know why.
Well, I hope that this blog find all who read it healthy and trusting in God. Our goal is to update Facebook and the Blog as much as possible during our hospital stay, but we have no idea if that's going to be possible. We are going to have a friend of our update pictures to facebook shortly after Isaac's birth if we are unable or too busy so that our families can see him as soon as possible.
2 comments:
LOVE your new background!
Know what? Only 2 more days at the most, and you will meet Isaac!!!
I enjoyed your comment about waking and praying for Isaac... most women wake up because of their discomfort from being pregnant and are probably annoyed by it, but like you, I always took it as an opportunity to pray for Josiah. The Lord does wake you up for a reason, of that I am sure. Sometimes it would be overwhelming and I would cry over the fact that the Lord saw me fit to be his mom...but I was so thankful that He chose me. You are going to be an amazing mother, Anne. I am so thankful that you love the Lord! I know that He is going to use all 3 of you in an amazing way out there in Idaho.
Post a Comment