I feel like I getting the hang of this whole mom thing. The feedings, changing the diapers, lack of sleep, and crying are all becoming a way of life that I'm actually enjoying. I told Bill last night that I don't even mind getting up two or three times a night to feed him and take care of him. Yes, it would be nice to have a full nights sleep, but one day we will get there. As Pastor John preached on Sunday this is just temporary. One day he will sleep through the night. Honestly I can't complain too much, he usually sleeps at least 3 and 1/2 to 4 hours at a time. During the day I've had to wake him up to be fed. He's such a good baby.
I'm more overwhelmed everyday by the responsibility I have in raising and caring for Isaac. I'm reminded that he's not my son, he's God's son and my goal for him is to grow up knowing who God is and instilling in him the importance of not only being saved but growing in a relationship with God everyday. My question is, how do you instill in your child who God is and what He means to me and to Bill. Interestingly enough, God works in such an amazing way. As I've said before, God has been working on me, teaching me many things and later I'll find out that God has been working on Bill in the same way. I know that I am so privileged to be able to stay home with Isaac. I am so thankful that God has given me this opportunity, especially since I can't imagine leaving him every day. Because I'm home with him I do get to spend more time with him. During these time I love praying for him out loud as he's eating or while I'm holding him. Little did I know that Bill has been doing the same thing with him when they spend time alone. I'm guessing when they are this little, this is how you introduce them to who God is and what He means to us. Even though he doesn't understand, we've been telling him how God has been so faithful and provided for us even since he was born. Our prayer is that we never forget to tell Isaac how faithful God is. Even when things are hard, we must remind him how faithful God is to us every day. Even when we don't see His hand working, we must have faith that He is always working.
So of course I must end my post with more pictures of my buddy.
Sleeping in my chair....so sleepy today
Sleeping in Mommy's arms
Love this picture. Wide awake in his crib.
Baby feet for Aunt Maribeth
Sleeping again, but so peaceful, and yes I put socks on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment