Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

January 9, 2009

Isaac's Arrival

Let me give you an update on our precious boy. Basically if you read my blog yesterday you know that we were standing at a cross roads praying that the Dr. wouldn't send me home. Of course he gave me this option when there was once again no change after 22 + hours of contractions about a minute apart. As of the last few hours of contractions they were so strong that the monitors could no longer register their highest point. I told the nurse just before the doctor came in that I needed something because I couldn't take the pain anymore. She shared this information with the doctor and he said I basically had two options. Stop what we were doing and try a different day, but be aware that we we were most likely going to go through the same experience that we had today or I could have a C-section which is where he was leaning. He was on his way to do a C-section then and he'd be back when he was finished for my answer. As he left Bill and I were discussing my options and I told him that I almost felt if I said I want a C-Section that I was giving up, yet I wasn't sure if emotionally or physically i could handle another day like the one I just experienced. We prayed about it and I had a peace fill me that I needed to go through with the C-section even if this wasn't my first choice because God knew the situation that we could not see.
After we alerted Dr. Urqhart, things moved very quickly. Within an hour from letting him know what we wanted Isaac was born. Fortunately just before Dr. Urqhart left to do the other surgery he order me some pain medication which made me very loopy so I didn't really have time to think much about what was happening. The bad part, the medication started wearing off and I started feeling pain again shortly before they came to prep me for surgery. I wasn't really nervous until I got in the room and they asked me to stand up to move to the table and the anesthesiologist started showing me what he was going to do. I got extremely nervous because I realized that even though my baby was going to be there soon I was about to have surgery.
Fortunately everything went as planned, the worst side effect that I had was as soon as he gave me the spinal I started shaking and shook for several hours. But I figure that if that's the worst thing, then it's not a big deal. Fortunately today I've felt great. I've been up several time and even took a shower this morning and even taken several walks. It's so nice to be up and about by myself. I'm starting to get uncomfortable as all of the medicine they gave me during my surgery has worn off, yet the pain is almost minimal. I am so thankful for that.
So I am going to load a few of my favorite pictures to this blog from the past few days. There are so many good ones it's hard to choose just a few.






1 comment:

C.C. and Double T said...

Praise God!

So excited for you and Bill. Enjoy your new little blessing!!!