Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

January 15, 2009

One week old



So here we are one week old. I just said to Bill I can't believe how different our life was just one week ago. I went to the doctor today for my one week check up. Everything was good! He told me he'd see me in 5 weeks, but things are good. The best news of the day was my weigh in. I know, how many women can say that's their favorite part of their doctors appointment? I was anxious to see my weight, mainly because I knew I had only gained 4 lbs throughout this pregnancy so I was almost guaranteed that I would weigh less now than I did before I gave birth last week. I was pleasantly surprised. I have lost 21 lbs since last week and I now weigh 17 lbs less than I did before I got pregnant. Plus the better news, the nurse told me to expect to lose more weight. I am so happy! I wasn't expecting to see the scale says 21 lbs less than the last time.
As I'm sitting here reflecting on last Thursday, I am thinking that just about this time is when I got to hold my son for the first time. How amazing has this week been????
I know you didn't ask the question, but I'll answer it for you. This week has been so amazing. Trying at times, no doubt about it, but it has been one of the best weeks of my life. With the addition of Isaac to our family it feels like this is how it's meant to be. We have thoroughly enjoyed this past week.
Bill and I both feel like not only has Isaac been a wonderful and amazing addition to our family, we feel like having Isaac has created a bond between us like we've never had before. As we were talking last night, we really feel like this is what God's plan is for parents. Having a child creates such a bond between you that cannot be broken. It's such an amazing feeling and I have such an amazing husband. I'm sure you all are getting tired of hearing me go on and on about my wonderful husband, my perfect child and my great life. But, I feel like I'm so blessed that I just have to share with everyone how much God has blessed me. Bill has been so amazing, helping not only to take care of Isaac, but helping me so much. I forget sometimes that I not only just had a baby last week, but I did have major surgery. Bill reminds me of this and that he needs to take care of me. He has just been so amazing. He has been waiting on me hand and foot and makes sure that I have everything that I need as well as making sure he takes Isaac for me for a few hours every night so that I can have so time to myself and rest. He's so amazing. Of course I think he has other motives like spending time with Isaac. He is certainly a Daddy's boy. It's really weird to see him when Bill gets home from work. Maybe weird isn't the right word. As soon as Bill walks in and starts talking Isaac immediately turns towards him to look at him. It is the neatest thing to see him look for Bill when he comes in.

God has blessed us so much and we are so thankful for all of His blessings. We are also thankful that you have come along this journey with us and your continued prayers. I've been so amazed at the messages we've gotten from people following our blog. We do hope that our story encourages you however God sees fit. Ultimate Bill and I both want everyone to know how faithful God is. His faithfulness to us is overwhelming. God is so good.

Here are some pictures from the last few days.


Isaac's shirt says "I still live with my parents"



Daddy and Isaac time


His newest trick...holding his pacifier between his two fingers. He puts it back in his mouth when he spits it. Unless he spits it too far. He's a smart boy. We've also noticed as soon as you put him in his crib he rolls on his side. He's moving too fast.


An attempt at a smile. He has just eaten and I always think he has this look on his face that says my belly is full and I'm happy.


One week old and looking so peaceful in his crib.

No comments: