Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

January 8, 2009

God, make your plan my plan.

So here we are after 19 hours of contractions with no progress :-( In between contractions I feel great, but my contractions are coming anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes apart and have been this way for almost 19 hours.
As you know if you've been keeping up with my blog, God has been teaching me how perfect his timing really is. Today I'm having a hard time remembering that although God is giving me a strange peace that it's okay. I can't really describe the feelings that I have right now knowing that there is a chance since my body still isn't making progress that they might send me home without a baby today. Maybe it isn't time yet. That's all I keep thinking. We've joked all day that it's taken us 2 years to get this baby in there, I doubt he's going to come out without a fight. This hasn't been an easy road to get to this point, why would the finish line be any easier :-) This baby will come in God's time, not my time. I keep reminding myself that this baby has to come out, it can't stay there forever.
So selfishly I asked that you pray I have peace. Whatever happens in the next few hours, whether I make any progress or not that God gives me an overwhelming peace that only He can give.
I will try to keep you updated as much as possible to let you know when he's going to decide to make his entrance into the world.