Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

May 4, 2009

It's official

And no I'm not pregnant again. That's been the big joke around the church. But not the case.

I officially have my Master's Degree. After 16 months of hard work, working full time, going to school full time and being pregnant for 9 months of that, I finally finished and received my diploma last week.
Honestly it was a very surreal moment. I know that I finished all my coursework in December and received an email the day before Isaac was born that my degree had been conferred but in the excitement of having Isaac, receiving my degree was down on the list until my diploma arrived last week. So it's here and I'm done with school for good. No more for me. I learned so much and am very thankful that I received my degree and only paid for my books. God always has such and interesting way of revealing a plan. That's the way it was for my degree. I really had no desire to do Grad work, but then Bill was finished with both of his and we were still in Lynchburg, so I though why not? It's free. One day I just said, hey I'm going to do this. The next thing I know I was finished. Okay there was a little more work involved and a lot more stress, but it's done. God is so good. I officially have a Master of Arts in Theological Studies with a concentration in Counseling.

1 comment:

Charissa said...

Congratulations!! I know that is a relief to have that behind you!!