Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

May 8, 2009

4 months old today

So i started a blog last night that turned into a huge thing. I actually put in in a word document and it ended up being 3 pages single space, so I decided not to share my inter most, not to mention incredibly long, thoughts with you. However I will share just a quick second on my reflections. When a holiday approaches I always tend to think about how things were last year or the year before. All I can think and laugh about now from last year is that Mother's Day was one of the saddest days I had lived through in a while. Yet again I was not a mother. I knew God had a plan, but it seemed like every Mother's Day that passed without a baby was harder. Little did I know that I was already a mother. I was several weeks pregnant and didn't know it. Isn't it funny how we go through days of sadness and have a difficult time looking at the good things in our lives and we focus on sadness. Not saying that we can't be sad, because it's going to happen. Often though I let my circumstances steel my joy. In the first chapter of James, he says "consider all joy." I've always struggled with the difference between joy and happiness. Circumstances can steel your happiness, but should never hide your true joy in Christ. If we're honest I'm sure that we've all let our circumstances hide our true Joy. God provides in HIS timing. Whatever it is, His timing is best.

So on to the less serious stuff of life.....
Today Isaac is 4 months old. He's rolling over, trying his best to sit up and even figured out that if he pushed his feet hard enough when he's on his belly that he can move. Boy am I in for an active baby. We were supposed to go to the doctor on Monday for his 4 months check up but he broke out in a rash that only got worse after two days so they said to bring him in. They said it didn't sound like chicken pox, but you never know. So, off to Dr. Schultz we went. He checked him over, he now weighs 13 lbs 9.5 ounces and is 24 and 3/4 inches long. I knew he had gotten taller. Not much longer and he'll be taller than Mommy. Dr. Schultz did say that he has eczema and to stop using lotion and use oil. My question is how do you hold a baby that has now been covered with baby oil. All I have to say is use caution as they are very slippery :-) The best thing he said is that Isaac is moving right along schedule and seems to meet all of the developmental milestones that he should at this point. Hoorah for Isaac. Also to Isaac's excitement, the doctor said he was ready for food. He's completely master the art of cereal, even to the point of shoving my hand in his mouth with the spoon if I'm not moving fast enough for him. So last night he got his first taste of Sweet Potatoes. The first bite was hilarious. But he liked them. I'll try to post a video so you can see.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your mother's day even if you aren't a mother yet.












1 comment:

Joe, Barb, Cade & Nathaniel said...

Hope you have a wonderful First Mother's Day!