Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

December 15, 2008

Twice in one day......

So here I am posting twice in one day. What in the world.
I had to share my good news with you. We went to the doctor today and had a good report. Once again, Isaac is on his own schedule when it comes to the Non-stress test. He decided he didn't want to move around so we tricked him. I drank this huge glass of really cold water. Let's just say almost instantaneously he decide to jump around. It was actually really funny to see how quickly he responded to the cold water. But as usual he sounds really good. His heartbeat is a little lower today when resting, but that's to be expected. They tell me the older her gets it will slow down.
As for my blood pressure, not so good. It was 140/100 which they weren't happy with. The doctor is sending me for an ultrasound tomorrow which I'm excited about. I don't think that I can ever not be excited about seeing my baby grow. They just want to make sure he's growing right. High Blood pressure tends to result in low birth weight babies, however Gestational Diabetes has the opposite effect. So who knows. Not that anyone is keeping track, but I have officially gained 1 lb with the pregnancy. I was hoping that I wouldn't gain any, but I knew that was probably not going to happen. I can't complain that I'm almost 36 weeks pregnant and I am just now gaining 1 lb!
The doctor said that he would prefer to "cook" him for another week or so. Of course every week he's "cooking" the better off we will be, but he also said if for some reason Isaac comes now, he didn't think that Isaac would even need any breathing assistance. The doctor thinks he will be fine, which is good.
So we are so excited that at this point the baby looks good and we can't wait to see him tomorrow. Please keep us in your prayers as we still have 4 weeks to go.

No comments: