So it's a cold Tuesday morning in Idaho and once again it's snowing. It's snowed every day since Thursday or Friday. I honestly can't remember the first day of snow. Sunday we got about 6-7 inches on snow, then yesterday it didn't really snow. This morning we wake up and it's snowing again. Let's just say in a few days we've probably had about a foot of snow. It's beautiful but very cold.
One more thing we've found is that because Lewiston doesn't usually get snow (yeah right!) they don't actually salt or scrape the roads. They put this gravel/sand down on the main roads and then work on the side roads when they get to them. Not that big of a deal, but on our way to the hospital for my weekly non-stress test, we found it was a big deal. None of the roads by the hospital were cleared and you have to go up hill to get to the hospital. Not a pleasant drive, that's for sure. A five minutes drive turned into almost 20 minutes.
Well, after the yucky drive Isaac decided that he was not having any of this fun today and that he would do everything he could to run away from the monitors. Literally. I'm not talking about just being hard to get a long with, he was a stinker. We moved that monitor all over my belly and truly chased him around. A 20 minute test turned into 2 hours because we couldn't get more than 3-4 minutes of recording time with his heartbeat actually increasing. He started with the hiccups and then decided to roll around. After all his acrobatics he decided he was tired and would go to sleep therefore he stayed still and we could record his heartbeat, but it wouldn't increase because he was sleeping. So, we had to wake him which made him very unhappy. Fortunately we had the sweetest nurse in the world who did everything she good in order to get a good reading from him. She was wonderful.
So, it's almost Christmas. Like you didn't know that already. For some reason every time I hear the Christmas story this year I cry. For some reason it's very special to me that I'm pregnant during the Christmas season. I guess in an odd sort of way I relate to Mary a little bit more. That probably doesn't make any sense, but it's just this weird thing. Of course it could be the pregnancy hormones, but I'll never admit to that.
Basically we are preparing for Isaac's arrival at almost any time. Every day I have more contractions and more signs that say it might be happening soon, but as stubborn as he is he might just be fooling us. From what Dr. Urquhart says, if Isaac doesn't come on his own this week, we will decide next week when the perfect time is for Isaac to come. So we are very excited. We have so much to do, but sometimes it's nice to just stop and think about the fact that in a week or so I could actually have a baby in my arms. That thought is overwhelming but very exciting.
I pray that you have a blessed Christmas and New Year. Remember that this season isn't about gifts or rushing around getting things done, it's about a gift that we were given. God gave us such an amazing gift of salvation and all we have to do is accept it. Isn't it amazing that he makes it so easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment