Merry Christmas Eve to everybody!
We can hardly believe that it's almost Christmas. Where has this year gone? It has certainly blown by for us as I'm sure most people can say the same thing. Finding out in May that we are going to have a baby, moving to Idaho in October then starting our lives has really made this year go by quickly.
As we prepare for a baby at just about any time, I'm ashamed to say that the Christmas season has passed by very quickly this year. Singing Christmas carols and going to the Christmas Eve service tonight made me realize that I miss my family much more than I thought. This is the first time that neither Bill nor I have been with any of our family for Christmas and it's sad. I must say though that we've always wanted to spend Christmas with just the two of us and this will be our last chance to do that. So our plan is to open presents, have Pot Roast and potatoes then go see a movie. As Bill says, that's our plan unless we are at the hospital. :-) We are happy to be spending this time, just the two of us, but we do certain miss all of our family traditions that we do with either his family or my family. God is good to us. We definitely can't complain with all of the blessings He has given us this year, even if we aren't with our families at Christmas, we will be with most of them soon enough when Isaac is born.
As we were once again reminded tonight, Christmas is not ultimately about the presents and spending time with family, it's about the birth of our Savior. Without Christmas, we wouldn't be able to celebrate Easter. Without His birth, our faith wouldn't have meaning. I encourage you to thank God for His gift to you this Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment