Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

December 29, 2008

Another Monday update

So I've had my weekly appointment this week. The doctor said he really thought that I was going to have a baby this weekend. My response was, me too!
Since my blood pressure was ridiculously high this weekend then almost normal again today, he's decided that we shouldn't wait that much longer to have this baby. He said it's not good for your blood pressure to have such big fluctuations. After some conversation about the baby, he did an exam to find that I've still made no progress towards labor. Bill said he was surprised that I wasn't more discouraged. I told him that God has really been working on me about relinquishing my will for HIS will. Little did I know that a half hour later the doctor had a plan of his own.

In light of my blood pressure, he has decided that if Isaac hasn't decided to come on his own, I am scheduled to be induced on Sunday night with hopefully a baby on Monday sometime. My doctor is on call on Monday so he is hoping to deliver Isaac!
He did make us aware that sometime inducing doesn't work in order for us to be prepared for this possibility. I like that fact that he prepares us for almost all possibilities. He said if inducing doesn't work that we will then decide if we want to try again another day or have a C-section. I feel as though he's leaning towards a C-section just to be on the safe side as he's worried about my blood pressure. A C-section is not my first choice but if it means I have a healthy baby and I'm healthy, then I'm all for it.
So I ask you, on a selfish note, to pray that God allows me not to have a C-section, but that He will make me flexible and that I will want what He wants in order to have a healthy baby.
We will keep you updated if there are any changes!

No comments: