Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

March 9, 2009

My God is Mighty to Save

Lately I've been hearing this song over and over again and the words seem to stick out more to me every time I hear it.

Mighty to Save
Hillsong

Everyone needs compassion,

Love that's never failing;
Let mercy fall on me.

Everyone needs forgiveness,
The kindness of a Saviour;
The Hope of nations.

Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My God is Mighty to save,
He is Mighty to save.

Forever, Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave,
Jesus conquered the grave.

So take me as You find me,
All my fears and failures,
Fill my life again.

I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in,
Now I surrender.

My Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My God is Mighty to save,
He is Mighty to save.
Forever, Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave,
Jesus conquered the grave.

Shine your light and let the whole world see,
We're singing for the glory of the risen King...Jesus

My Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My God is Mighty to save,
He is Mighty to save.
Forever, Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave,
Jesus conquered the grave.

My Saviour, you can move the mountains,
You are mighty to save,
You are mighty to save.
Forever, Author of Salvation,
You rose and conquered the grave,
Yes you conquered the grave

Lately the one line that says "Forever, author of salvation" has been playing over and over in my head. I firmly believe that God impressed upon me last night that He alone will offer us salvation from our trails. It might not be the salvation that we want or think it should be, but He is the author of salvation and will save us when we need to be saved. I'm not talking about salvation through Christ that lead us into our eternal security in Christ. I'm talking about saving us from the things we go through every day whether they are little or big things. As Bill always says, the things that we go through don't surprise God. He's not knocked off His throne because we shocked Him today with something that happens. I think we often times forget that God is omnipotent. He knows everything, whether we want Him to or not. God knows when we are worried or we are struggling. You know me and my songs....My Dad found a song years ago that says "Sometime He calms the storm and other time He calms His child." God doesn't always take us out of the storm we have found ourselves in. Other times, He offers us peace and gives us wisdom in order for our lives to be stretched further and to become more like him. That doesn't make what you go through any less difficult. The trials and the refinement still hurt and weigh heavily on your mind. I think about all those verses that say be anxious for nothing. I am an anxious person. I want to have a plan for everything. God doesn't want me to be anxious about things that I have no control over. In my head I know this, 99% of my heart believes this as well, but there's a small part of me that must be continually convinced that God has a plan so much bigger than I am and I must trust Him to find out what that plan really is.
If you've known me for very long and you've listened to me do a devotion more than a few times, you've most likely heard my "Dot to Dot" devotion written by the ladies of Women of Faith. The devotion is based on Jeremiah 29:11, one of my most favorite verses. Basically the writer says that our lives are like a dot to dot picture. We jump from one dot to another and they all have different meanings and have a different emotion attached to them. Some are joyful dots others are not. We jump from these dots not knowing what the true picture will be like. We often times feel as though we're jumping into darkness. But fortunately we look up and see God there with a paint brush and a drop of black paint on the end. He is the painter of this picture and He alone can see the picture all of these little dots make up. How amazing it is to know that He paints the pictures of our lives and if we trust Him, He will show us glimpses of the big picture along the way.
After reading this post, you're probably wondering what's going on in our lives that I'm being reflective about trials and the big picture of life. We are in the middle of a trial and we are learning to trust God because there's not a doubt in our mind that He's in control. He has a plan. We are all fine. There's nothing wrong with any of us. But I ask you to pray that God gives us wisdom, discernment and peace. I will share details later, but for now we just ask that you pray for us. God knows the situation and He alone is faithful to supply each need that we have. I thank you in advance for praying. God has given us such great brother and sister in His kingdom and I am so thankful that I can call on my friends to pray.

On a much happier note, Isaac turns 2 months old today. I can hardly believe it. My little boy is growing up so fast. He's so adorable :-)

No comments: