Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

March 3, 2009

I should be resting...but I'm not

Yes, It's only 9:30 and I'm saying i should be resting, but what's the old saying...when the baby sleeps you should sleep as well.
As many of you know, my precious boy has his first cold and he's just pitiful. I can't imagine having a stuffy nose and cough like he does and not be able to verbalize it or fix it myself. All in all he's been really good. You can tell he doesn't feel good and the poor thing just sounds absolutely pitiful when he coughs and sneezes. He just lays around with these puffy red eyes and you can just tell he's miserable. He's only sleeping about 2 hours at a time, which I guess I should be really lucky that he's sleeping at all. But two hours at a time for both of us is beginning to take it's toll on us. So instead of writing a blog I should be sleeping since he's sleeping but I'm not....well I'm not sleeping yet that it.
So I thought I would update you guys a little bit on things going on here. We had a busy week and we have a busy month ahead. I'm not exactly sure where the month of February went though, it passed by way too quickly. This weekend was the AWANA Race Car Derby so we were gone all of Friday and Saturday then church on Sunday. Next weekend we have the AWANA Game Day (aka Sparks Arama). Then two weeks later we have the Children Camp. The month of March is then over. I can't believe how fast life is going these days. Before I know it another week is over. I also can't believe my baby boy will be 2 months old next week. Where has this time gone?
Well I thought I would share with you what God is teaching me. Well a few of the things because if I shared everything you would be reading for a LONG time. There are two main things that I've been learning. One, no matter how busy you are or how many needs you have, God wants us to worship Him. What do I mean by this? I know that I can use my prayer time as a wish list. I think if we were all honest, we could give an instance where we have all used prayer time as a time to tell God what we want from Him. Our needs, intercesseding for others, asking God to teach us and mold us. Yet how often do we spend even a portion of our prayer time worshipping God and thanking Him for meeting our needs and continually loving us. Even though I would give almost anything to hav 6-8 straight hours of sleep, yet I love getting up in the middle of the night to feed Isaac. We've gotten into a routine that we turn on the radio before I change his diaper and feed him. We listen to the Christian radio station here and it seems as though every time I feed him the best music is on. I love worshipping God through music, but I feel like the music being played is prompting me to worship Him so much more, especially after the music is off. This time is wonderful for so many reasons, but it's nice because there are no distrations, it's only me and Isaac and he's busy! I'm not thinking oh I should be doing laundry or dishes or running the vaccuum because I can't do those things at 3 in the morning. God is teaching me during every feeding how to worship Him more and remember just how amazing He really is.
If you've been reading my blog in the past you know that I am always amazed at exactly how faithful He is. We have seen God's faithfullness so much in the past 6 months and are totally amazed by Him. Even lately we've tried to be even more intentional about giving back to God through our time, our money and with any resources we have and we have seen God bless us so much. I'm definatly not saying that if you give, God will send you a check for $1000. I'm also not saying things don't get hard just because your focus is on God. If anything there are harder times because God is molding you into the person that He wants you to be. But, what He has been showing us is that He will provide our needs. Not our wants, our needs. We always have food on the table, gas in the car and our bills our paid. In this time of eceonmic crisis, these are things that we can't really take for granted, but God has provided and will continue to provide. As Bill and Pastor John have been saying lately, God is not surprised that money is tight for everyone. For some, there's not even money there. But the most amazing thing is that God is not surprised by this in any way shape or form. He knew this was going to happen and He has a plan.
So as usual I will leave you with a few pictures from the last few days in the life of Isaac.

Mom's new haircut.














All decked out in his OSU gear.













No comments: