So today has been an interesting day. I helped out at church this morning for a few hours with the things that needed to be done since they had a short week. It was nice to feel needed again in an office setting. We got some things done and then I headed home to rest. I dislike the fact that if I'm out and about a few hours I'm exhausted, but as the doctor said yesterday it takes so much energy to grow a baby.
Yesterday was my first non-stress test. If anyone has had one, it's no big deal. Basically you're hooked up to a monitor and they watch the baby's heart rate to make sure it's increasing when the baby moves. As the nurse said, he's probably going to get really mad when I strap this monitor on as he kept moving around when she just tried to find his heart beat. So least to say he wasn't very happy when she strapped that on. He kicked, moved and hit the monitor for almost the whole time it was on. Bill kept saying he would run around so much and his heart beat would increase so much that it sounded like he was preparing for attack. Bill's never really seen my belly move around because Isaac moves, but yesterday he was everywhere. Bill was amazed at how much he moves and what a temper he has. This should be very interesting to see if he continues to have this temper after he's born:-)
We put together the glider rocker from Momaw and Popaw last night and I'm currently in the process of recovering it. It looks so good. I love it! After that all I have to do is hand the curtains and get a changing table and his room is done. It's hard to believe. The funny thing is, his room is the only room in the house that's actually done.
We bought a Christmas tree and our yearly ornament. For those of you who don't know, Bill and I make it our yearly tradition to buy one special ornament together. Our collection is beginning to grow. We can hardly wait to put the tree up. I have to finish sewing the cushion covers and move the sewing machine before the tree can be put up, but we are so excited.
It's been an exciting few days around here. I love the fact that Bill has Monday's off. It makes the weekend so much longer. We love the fact that he has one full day to get things done. I would love to have a little more energy in order to get things done faster, but God is really teaching me not to be concerned with the little things of the house. Continually worrying and being frustrated isn't bringing glory to God. I've learned to get done what I can get done and if someone doesn't like the fact that everything in the house doesn't have a specific place then they don't have to come over. Everyone who's coming over has much more patience with the house coming together than I do. God has given us an amazing group of friends here in Idaho that are so supportive of us. I appreciate the fact that everybody keeps saying "you're pregnant, rest, we can help." Even though it's very hard for me to accept that help, I'm learning that sometimes you just have to realize that you're not going to get it all done and someone needs to help. Plus, I'm learning that it doesn't always all have to get done. Things can wait for tomorrow.
So, for tonight I think that's about it. I have 2 friends that are scheduled to have their babies tomorrow, so please remember them in your prayers. As one person wrote tonight, God is in no way surprised by the events that happen in our lives. This is so true. God isn't surprised by anything. He already knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment