Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

November 5, 2008

It's a new day!

So, everybody says each new day bring new things. This is so true.
Many have said that my post yesterday sounded very sad. I will admit that I was very sad. We got tons of news yesterday that we didn't really have much time to process. Up until yesterday I have had a very simple and easy pregnancy. Yesterday was an overwhelming day.
Then there's today. After spending some time in prayer with Bill last night, we asked God to give us the right perspective on all the news that we received and God did just that. I meet with the dietitian tomorrow so she can tell me all the things that I can no longer eat :-) Man they are taking all the fun out of this pregnancy!
Here are two pictures after I got home from our doctor's appointment today.




Some of you are probably thinking WOW she's getting bigger every day. Well it feels that way to me too. There's a good reason for that as we found out today. No, I'm not having twins!

Dr. Urquhart wanted me to have an ultrasound since I was now have Gestational Diabetes and high blood pressure just to make sure he's growing like normal.
So the ultrasound man was so nice. He took almost an hour to look around at Isaac. He scared us a little because he kept asking how we knew it was a boy. Bill and I both got worried and then he said, Oh wait, I see it. Big sigh of relief on our part.
He took some measurements and asked when my due date was. I told him it was 1/16/09, which would put me at 29 weeks and 5 days today. Well, little Isaac measures at 31 weeks. The ultrasound man says my due date is at least 8 days off. This would explain why we are both so big! The doctor will confirm for sure tomorrow when he looks at the ultrasound, but the man was pretty sure I was 31 weeks than at 29 weeks.
Everything else looked very good. He said all the measurements were good, the heart rate was good and he was moving quite a bit. Right now he is in a breach position which I thought he was as he kicks a lot. I thought that was too strong to be hands moving! He said not to worry, he will most likely flip around. The nurse also said they don't worry about that until 37-38 weeks. So he still has a few weeks to flip back around. He did move his head down several times. He doesn't like to cooperate when people are pressing on my belly, that's for sure.

Below are some of the newest pictures of Isaac.

A profile picture. As they showed me this picture I couldn't help but be overwhelmed at the priceless gift God has given us with this child.



His little feet. I love pictures of feet even though these are blurry.



After a scare thinking it might be a girl, this confirms it is a boy. Now we don't have to return all the blue stuff.



Thank you for your continued prayers.