Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

November 9, 2008

It's Sunday

So Sunday's can be good and bad. I love that we get to go to our new church. We are still meeting wonderful new people and getting involved where we can. We are loving it. Pastor John's preaching is amazing. he had a great message this morning on God's Grace. It's been so great listening to what God has given him as he preaches through Roman's. Brad is an amazing worship leader. It's been so wonderful to feel completely free to worship however God lays upon your heart. Brad is such an amazing pastor to the youth but has such a tender heart. You would never know this just by looking at him. You would probably think that he was a guy that was pretty out there with his music and was hard to get to know. But he's a man that is truly seeking God's heart. It's amazing that Bill has the opportunity to work with both of these Pastor's. He's learning so much from both of them.
So today Bill organized his first pot luck luncheon. He had a luncheon for all the Children's Workers just to get to know everybody and share his vision for the Children's Ministry at Emmanuel. He did a very good job of sharing his vision. They also had a few moments of appreciation for Matt who took over as the point person while they were looking for a Pastor. Matt has done a spectacular job of keeping things going while there wasn't a full time person in charge. One thing I like about this church is that men aren't afraid to cry. The men are full of emotion here and when they are overwhelmed they aren't afraid to show it. Matt was overwhelmed today. The interesting thing to me is that the men aren't crying just to cry. It's truly because their hearts are breaking for the people of the church and they truly want what is best for these people and the cry of their heart is for these people to follow Christ with every ounce of energy that they have. It's so amazing to me what a passion these men have for people.
So after a wonderful day of church and fellowship the yucky part is that all my homework is due on Sunday night. I thought now since I have more time throughout the week available that i would get so much more done and not wait until Sunday. Guess what????? So far that hasn't happened. Hopefully once I get the house finished (which it's coming along nicely) I hope to have more time to do school work throughout the week and not wait until Sunday. So now I'm off to write a paper. 5 more weeks of school left and then I'm done with my Masters Degree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO. That's so exciting. Now if Isaac will just wait to come until I'm done we will be happy!

I leave you with a thought from Pastor John's message this morning. He was talking about the difference of preaching grace and law. He said "God allows us to whatever it is that we choose to do. What we need to remember is that there are consequences when we step outside of his plan for us." What an amazing reminder. God has a plan for us. He wants us to follow that specific plan, however He has given us free will and will allow us to do whatever we want. But there are consequences when we step out of His plan. How often we forget when we step out of His plan that there are consequences and we wonder why we experience those consequences. Never forget that God has the most perfect plan for our lives. We might not be able to see it at this moment, or at any time. But He has an amazing plan.

No comments: