Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

November 4, 2008

Do you ever wonder.......

I've heard the old saying over and over again....you're either going through a trial, just finishing going through a trial or God is preparing you for a trial. Well, I was just thinking the other day that God was just blessing us so much and we didn't deserve it. So, I'm making this sound a lot worse than it really is, I'll just get to the point.
We went to the doctor today for my first 'official' appointment with the new doctor. As most of you know I failed my first Gestational Diabetes test and had to go back last week for the 3 hour test. I didn't hear from them yesterday so I was excited! I am one of those people that has to prepare myself for things. So because I've had some swelling and I've been pretty uncomfortable I was totally expecting the doctor to tell me to go to bed. Not that I would've been happy about this, but I was prepared for it none the less. Well, let's just say if he would've told me that I woul've been okay. The visit started as normal, my blood pressure was normal so this was good. Then the nurse said she was going to go grab a chair so that I could be comfortable. I was thinking this is odd, I've never had a doctor do this. Well, she was getting ready to tell me not so great news. Bottom line, I have Gestational Diabetes. It's not out of control, but my last two blood draws were slightly over the limit that they allow. Not what I wanted to hear. So I get to have an appointment with the dietitian on Thursday to set me up with my blood glucose meter and I have to check my blood sugar 4 times a day to begin with. Yucky! But they all feel that just because I'm barely above the limit that I should be able to control this just by cutting back on carbs and sugars. So that's the good news! The chance of me having to take insulin or other medications are very slim.
At my last appointment he told me that there is a chance that they might induce me early because of my high blood pressure. Because of the Gestational Diabetes , High Blood Pressure and a few other things, they pretty much prepared me that they will be taking Isaac before his due date. Of course because of all these thing going on, doctors always give you the worse case scenarios which scare you to death and always make you wonder what will happen. He also prepared me that there is a possibility that I might have to have a C-section. This is not something that I want to do. But he said it's not what he's saying has to happen, but he's preparing me that this might be a possibility so that I'm not shocked when it's time to have Isaac.
So here we are. I'm not saying this is a trial, but God is teaching us something. I just need to figure out what He's teaching and have faith that He will help me get through this. God knew long before I even got pregnant that this would be the case and that we would get more information than we could process today. This was not a surprise to Him. To us, yes, but to Him, no surprises. As I'm sitting here typing and watching the election results, I'm reminded so much that God is in control of everything. How quickly we forget that he isn't surprised.
So what do I ask for? I ask that you pray that I will not focus on the negative, but the positive. My little boy is just fine. Pray that he continues to be just fine. For the most part, physically, I'm fine, there will just need to be adjustments made to my diet. It's never a bad thing to loose a little more weight. Maybe God knew I needed this pregnancy in order to motivate me loose weight. So far, I'm four pounds less than when I started this pregnancy. The doctor told me not to expect to gain any more weight. Isaac is growing even though I keep loosing weight. When the doctor measured me today I've grown 3 inches since my appointment on October 22. So he is growing, not concerns there.
We get to have and ultrasound tomorrow and see Isaac again! We are so excited. Pray that everything will be okay and that he's not too big. They are a little concerned that he might be bigger than expected at this point, another reason to take him a little early.
God is good and He will provide the strength to finish these last 10 and 1/2 weeks of this pregnancy. Pray that my focus stays of God, not the circumstances around me.

No comments: