Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

November 20, 2008

What day is it?

So it's Thursday. All day long I keep thinking it's Friday. But I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one who's confused. I stopped by to have lunch with Bill and the Administrative Assistant kept saying the same thing.

So, since it's Thursday and it's a chilly, blustery day I've been inside all day and as I've been doing things around the house I keep thinking of things that I really enjoy so I thought I would share some of my favorite things with you. Hopefully you won't think that I'm crazy.

1) Even though it's getting uncomfortable, I love to lay down and feel my son move around and kick me. It reminds me so often that God is so amazing to give me this miracle of life and that I have been so privileged to care for this child for 9 months.
2) Having lunch with my husband. This might seem weird, but in my previous job if I did get to have lunch with him it was usually rushed or interrupted by things that had to be done. I love that I have the opportunity to be one of those wives that can stop by her husbands office any time and have lunch with him. I'm not bragging that I'm not working but enjoying every minute of it.
3) This one is not meant to demean any other church experiences that I've had, but I greatly enjoy learning from a pastor who truly loves God and is willing to step on toes to get people to realize that our idea of Christianity isn't always God's idea of Christianity and we always have room to grow. This morning was one of those times where I happened to walk into the office and Pastor John was preparing for his message and came out to tell us what God had shown him. Basically God has been showing him that we are very selfish people and we bring nothing to our relationship with Christ. He is the only one that can bring anything to the relationship yet we continually try in vain to add something to this relationship. We have a difficult time in our human lives understanding how big the God is that we serve and who He really is. In reality He is so amazing that we can't offer anything to the relationship that we have with Him.
4) I am learning to cherish every moment that I have with my husband and quickly realize how much I love spending one on one time with him. I am used to having Bill's undivided attention the last few years as he's been in school and working part time, he's been able to focus way too much attention on me. But now that he's working in a place that he loves more than 40 hours a week, I don't get as much attention. This goes back to Pastor John's thought process that we can be very selfish. I realized this a few weeks ago when I said "I don't like the fact that I don't have all of his attention." Wow, what a selfish statement. He's finally able to serve in full time ministry and is so happy. He's serving God and devoting his life to ministry just like we've prayed for for three years now. But without saying anything to him I learned through many situations that I do in fact have his attention, probably more than I realized. Any time I need him he literally runs home to make sure I'm okay. Plus if he can't get me on the phone, he gets worried and comes home to check on me. I have a wonderful person who is an amazing husband who is serving God with everything he has, but still makes me second, only behind God, not his job. What more could I ask for? Plus, since we've been told we only have about 6 weeks until this baby is born, my mind keeps venturing to the fact that it will never be just me and Bill again. Not that this is a bad thing, we are so thrilled to have Isaac come into this world. I can hardly wait! But I'm learning to cherish every moment that we have because things will be different but wonderful, from the time Isaac makes his entrance. So basically I'm learning to enjoy the fact that even though we don't have as much time together these days, the quality of our time is amazing and I hope that it only gets better over the next 50 years.

So I hope that none of this sounds weird and I hope that no one thinks that I am miserable or my husband doesn't pay enough attention to me because that's not the case. I just wanted to share a little of my thought process with anyone who reads!

I've been painting and sewing to make Isaac's room perfect. It's almost there. When it's done, I will post more pictures.

No comments: