So my thoughts are running away with me today as I've had much time to think. This morning I had to have a 3 hour glucose tolerance test. As the nurse says, I failed the first one miserably so I got to come back for the second one. So when you're sitting in a doctor's waiting room from 8:00 - 11:30, you have lots of time to think. Plus, Bill is gone to a Men's Retreat this weekend so I had last night to myself and my thoughts.
So you may ask yourself what have my thoughts been consumed with lately? First, I find myself thanking God more and more every day for so many things. We are finding every day that God is truly blessing us for stepping out on faith, selling most of our belongings and moving across the country. Yes, we didn't move overseas, but sometimes it feels like we did :-) We are loving Idaho, but there have been many adjustments to our routine and this is taking both of us some getting use to. But, we are finding that God is not only blessing us, but teaching other people through our faith. Someone who has become a great friend in a short amount of time said to me today, "do you have any idea what your faith in God has taught me over the last two weeks?" All I could think of was the fact that I've been so focused on what God's been teaching us, that I never thought he was using our circumstances to teach others about faith too. God works in such amazing ways.
Another way God is working is through our insurance. If you've been reading the blog, you know that this was one of the main concerns about moving and being pregnant and having a husband that has Crohn's. So, the time has come that our insurance expires at midnight tonight. We received the paperwork in the mail on Tuesday regarding our Cobra, but they will only accept payments and enrollment forms through snail mail. Come on, who relies solely on snail mail in 2008. Evidently this company. So we did our part, as much as we could do, online. They will send us an invoice and we have to send them a check. Our policy doesn't go back into effect until they receive our check. Being 29 weeks pregnant this is a scary thoughts as so many things could happen at this point. But, once again, God has proven Himself so faithful. After my forever long test today, I ran upstairs to the Dr.'s office to reschedule an appointment that I have on Tuesday. We were talking and the nurse ask why I needed to reschedule, so I shared the story about the insurance and told her that the company says that any charges incurred while they are waiting for our check, we will be responsible to pay. At this time, that's not an option. The nurse just looked and me and said, honey we will see you Tuesday. Whatever happens with the insurance, we'll get it worked out. If we need to back date your paperwork or post date it, we will. Then she said they don't actually bill the company until I have the baby. She also said it was more important that they see me and treat me and they will work something out with the insurance until it's settled, but it's more important that I am seen by the doctor. This was an amazing answer to prayer as this has been a concern for me, especially if there's a slim chance I have Gestational Diabetes, although I'm praying that's not the case.
I almost feel that every day God shows Himself to us through an amazing answer to prayer. God is working mightily in our lives, but this also means that Satan is attacking and trying to take hold of every foothold that he thinks he has. So Bill and I have found ourselves talking to God a lot lately. Isn't it so great that he never tires of hearing from us.
My prayer today is for many things, but mainly that God will continue teaching us to trust Him for the little things in our lives and continue to change our hears and our minds. We have also been praying that Satan will have no room to have a foothold in our lives and that God will reveal anything that is keeping us from doing exactly what He has called us to do. I will ask that you pray for Bill. He is having the most amazing time getting his feet wet and is doing an amazing job of organizing the Children's program as well as many other things. These first few months are going to be hard as this is a huge transition, but I pray that God will give him strength, physical, mental and spiritual, to accomplish the goal that He has placed before Pastor John, Brad and Bill. Right now this is a hard adjustment to make, but he's loving every minute of it. God is truly changing his heart daily and it's so amazing to see God continually working in Bill's life.
So I leave you with this thought. I get emotional even thinking about the words to this song as it has meant so much to my family over the years, but lately the first lines of this song keep running through my head lately so I wanted to share them with you.
Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.
Refrain
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
God will never fail you. That makes me think of another song....but we won't go there tonight. Even though it make take years to receive and answer to your prayer, God hasn't forgotten you and He never will.
No comments:
Post a Comment