Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

March 22, 2010

Family Pictures/Sidewalk Chalk/Update

So this week, we had a friend of ours try to take some family pictures of us. I say try because if you've ever tried to get a one year old to comply with pictures and them actually turn out nice, it is a very difficult thing. But we did manage to get a few good ones that I'm posting here.















Isaac and Daddy also had some fun playing outside. This boy loves to be outside and pretty much "escapes" any time he possibly can. If the door is left open or not quite closed all the way, you can pretty much guess he's going to be on the porch. He's doing so good walking down the stairs and waiting for us to help him, but once he gets on the ground, it's another story. Almost any time we put him down he has to do his laps around the car giggling and laughing the entire time. He loved playing with the sidewalk chalk. He thought he was so big. Once he realized if he dropped it, then it broke every piece had to be dropped over and over again. Then he realized Daddy was drawing and he had to get in on the game too. He thought it would be fun to write on the car. We didn't think that was a good option. Then he had to write on Daddy's face and try to write on Mommy, but I was too quick.





















We have certainly had several days of enjoying this boys laughter. God has really given us so much joy through him this week. Many times when we weren't sure if we were going to make it, his little laughs have really gotten us through this week. Last week I asked you to pray for our family. I can give you a more specific reason now. Last Saturday Bill was informed that the church budget can nor longer support three staff members as our church is not growing and we are not meeting budget. As you can imagine, this was a huge surprise for us. We had no idea this was coming. The church has been overly kind to us and given us four months to find another job before they can no longer pay us. The church had to vote to approve this on Sunday but we didn't feel as though we should share this information publically until the church had voted and all of our members were aware of the situation. God has given us such a great peace during the last week. We have been amazed at how God has controlled our emotions and words. God has been so amazing through this situation. We pray that we continue to let Him have control of us as we go through this process. Bill is currently sending out resumes to new churches. He has such a passion to teach God's Word. Our desire is for him to be in another church sooner than later. We are praying that this is God's plan as well. We ask that you pray with us that in everything we do during this trial is glorifying to God and that God will answer our prayer to find another job (I use that term generally as being a pastor is a different kind of job) soon. We are thankful that we have a Father who knows the next step for our lives. We have many things going on in the next few weeks and months, but God already knows the outcome of all of those.

2 comments:

C.C. and Double T said...

I will absolutely be praying for you!

Joe, Barb, Cade & Nathaniel said...

I'm sorry to hear about Bill. I know God has a plan and with that I know you have peace. I will be praying for you guys. I hope you are feeling as well as you can be.