Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

March 6, 2010

Long week

Before I get into our week I want to share with you some funny pictures from tonight. After a long day and I promised to make a friend dinner, I decided dinner was almost done but Isaac was so hungry that I'd let him dig into a bowl of spaghetti all by himself. He's been trying to feed himself and he's doing better every day. I was actually shocked when he got a few bites from the bowl to his spoon into his mouth. As you will see from the pictures, not much eating was done with a spoon. He realize after just a few moments it was much easier to lay the bowl on his face or just pick it up by his hands.











He had it in his ears












In the middle, he just looked up at me with this face. He wasn't really that tired, but he still doesn't feel 100%









Look at that orange face









Gotta have some milk









Round 2










Mom are you serious? It's really all gone?










Just before his bath. Let's just say my tub was full of noodles.

Well for our week...As you know Sunday we found out Isaac had an ear infection so there's more antibiotics in his future. Then Tuesday he woke up in the morning with the most horrible cough I've ever heard. He wasn't coughing all the time, but when he did, he sounded like a hurt seal and he would cry and cry when he coughed. I called the dr and they said they were pretty sure it sounded just like the Croup. They told me how to treat it and to call if it got worse. Wednesday morning it was much worse and he was coughing all the time and had almost lost his voice. Many times during a coughing fit he would have a hard time catching his breathe. So I called the dr yet again and they asked us to come in. We could see our dr so we saw the one on call which I really ended up liking a lot. Not to complain because they are always so good at getting us in if one of us are sick, but trying to contain a sick 1 year old in a little examining room for an hour and a half is not the easiest thing to do. The dr came in and said basically all he had seen all day was the Croup and the same type of virus. Because Isaac's had gone down into his bronchial tubes that he needed some steroids to open up his airways. After two doses he showed a drastic improvement. I was so happy. Today he's been such a good boy and he's almost back to 100%. He's still got his cough, but they said the symptoms could last a few weeks. In the middle of Isaac's sickness, Bill ended up with some type of virus. He's been hacking and coughing most of the week, but he's much better now which is good since he's preaching on Sunday.
I've thought several times in the past few days well, at least I only have to go to the dr on Tuesday for a check up. Well, then I made the mistake of bending over for a diaper. I had the most unpleasant pain run down my back I thought I was gonna cry. The biggest problem, it wouldn't go away. The more I tried to move the more it hurt. I can't even move my neck right now without a world of pain. So Bill convinced me that I can't function like this and that I needed to go to the dr. I was not happy, but I've gotta remember there's a little one relying on me and I must take care of him too. Basically I saw my regular dr and she said I have a pinched nerve in my neck. Well, we identified the problem, but since I'm pregnant there is no treatment. She didn't feel comfortable prescribing me anything and both OB's were out of the office because my dr does surgery on Friday's and the other dr was on her way to the hospital. She said to try ice and relaxation. So as long as I stay still and don't move I'm fine, other than that, I'm in tons of pain. Fortunately I see my OB on Tuesday morning so hopefully he can tell me how to get out of this pain.
I am once again so thankful that Bill just works in the backyard and if I need him he can come home. We were talking on the way to the dr that I feel like health problems always hit our family all at once. We were talking about how they are distractions in our lives. Bill then reminded me that he was preaching on how to handle trials in your life on Sunday. I voted he change his message ;-) Okay not really, but I think God's trying to make examples of us.
So please pray we have a few days free of health problems. In light of what's going on in the world, our little health problems are nothing but there are times that it seems so frustrating. I think of the group of men from our church that are currently working in Haiti. They are working outside digging up the foundations of several buildings by hand in the 100 degree, 100% humidity weather. They are sleeping outside and don't even have the ability to take a real shower. These children that they are trying to help build an orphanage for have lost everything in the earthquake. When you put those thing in perspective our problems are not that big. Please continue to pray for our friends in Haiti. They have about 5 days left there then they are headed home. Pray they can make it home. We also have 2 friends coming home from Haiti tomorrow.

No comments: