Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

February 28, 2010

what a day

Well, afternoon/evening/night and all day. We took Isaac to the dr on Wednesday because I thought he had a sinus infection. I was right. He started antibiotics and has done pretty good. He's gone to bed early the last few nights, but other than that, he's been really good.
Yesterday afternoon that began to change and we noticed a fussy boy. So he laid down for a nap and went right down which is a little unusual but not out of the ordinary. Then yesterday evening we noticed a much fussier boy and noticed he was warm. He had a temperature of 99.5 which is high so we put him to bed with some Tylenol. At 2:00 this morning he woke up screaming and was HOT to the touch and no matter what I did he wouldn't stop crying. Took his temp and it was 101.7, the highest he's ever had. So I brought him into our room after more Tylenol and he laid in the bed with us and stared at the fan. If you know Isaac, VERY unusual. Usually in .3 seconds he's trying to jump off the end of the bed or climb out the window over our bed. We put him back to bed around 3:30 or so, he woke up coughing around 6:00 but went right back to sleep then at 7:00 woke screaming again. His little body was so hot and he was shaking like a leaf and his heart was racing. His temp was 102.5. We decided since his temp was going up instead of down we needed to take him to Minor Care. (Our ER also includes Minor Care which is very nice) Well since his temp was still almost 102 by the time we got there and he was on antibiotics they decided we would go over to the ER instead. Fortunately we knew the ER doctor. He came right in and our entire visit only lasted about 1/2 hour. He didn't really find anything wrong per say and thought he might just have a virus. He told us to take him to our walk in clinic this afternoon to see the Pediatrician if his fever wasn't normal by this afternoon or just as a precaution as they might want to change his meds. So after the Tylenol/Motrin schedule he gave us, Isaac came home and slept for about 4 hours. When he got up his fever was almost gone and I was so happy. He wanted to play again. He wouldn't even stand up to walk this morning he felt so bad. I gave him a little more Tylenol to keep his fever away. Well as the afternoon progressed he just got warmer and warmer so I woke Bill (we've been taking shifts with naps today as we didn't sleep at all last night) and told him I thought we should go to the dr again because he just wasn't feeling better. After two hours of waiting (I know it's not that long considering they had an emergency and most of you would love to only wait 2 hours in the walk in clinic) and trying to console/entertain a sick boy the doctor came in. He didn't want to have his ears checked and I almost asked her if we could skip it since they were fine this morning and he was not a happy camper. Boy I'm glad I didn't. His right ear was red and a budding ear infection was there. She said a few hours can make all the difference when it comes to ear infections. I told Bill this makes up for all of those times I took him in and the dr said nothing was wrong although as a mother I knew there was something not right. I'm so sad he has an ear infection, but so thankful that we caught it early and hopefully will get it under control before it gets too bad.
So to say all that we have a sick boy who is on medicine and hopefully will all sleep tonight and feel better in the morning. Even through all of this he's been such a good boy. God has blessed me with such a wonderful little family.

No comments: