Tonight was the pinnacle of excitement, well all day today. Isaac was in desperate need of a hair cut. he has been for several weeks, we just haven't found a time where Bill and I are both here long enough to cut it before bed time. So today was the day. I was cutting his hair and went to cut the last hair over his ear and he moved really quick and of course, I got his ear. The good thing, he didn't even flinch, didn't cry, I didn't even know I got him until I turned him around. Well, it wasn't bad, but it bled forever. I put a piece of toilet paper on it to make it stop bleeding and it did but as soon as I took it off, it would bleed again. Finally after an over sized band-aid and a nap it stopped bleeding for good. I tell you this part to set up the evening. We had a good afternoon, ate dinner then made a run for Wal-mart. This is his favorite place in the world. They were having a clearance sale so there were balloons everywhere and he thought he was in 7th heaven. We came home and he immediately picked up the pan and the brush that he had played with most of the afternoon. He walked in the living room while we put the ice cream away only to hear a huge scream. Immediately there was blood. I thought it was dripping from his mouth. (He's gotten several new teeth and they are so sharp that any time he bumps his mouth it breaks the skin) Well, it was coming from the outside.....well both the inside and the outside of his mouth. Fortunately we didn't panic but as we all know when a mouth bleeds it bleeds a lot. He was so upset it was hard to tell if he had bitten through his lip or lost a tooth or just got the outside and inside at the same time. Once we got the bleeding under control I called the on call Dr while Bill tried to calm him down. The logical part of me said if he had bitten through his lip there would be tons more blood and it wouldn't be slowly down or stopping like it was. Yet just like his ear it wouldn't clot up completely but wasn't bleeding enough to worry. The on call Dr said that if it wouldn't stop completely after a while or we had any doubts to take him to the ER. Well by the time I got off the phone it had stopped bleeding completely and he was running around like a crazy little boy dancing and throwing hangers. I'm sure in the morning we will have tons of explaining to do at church because he will most likely have a very swollen lip and bruises. Oh the life of a little busy busy boy.
Well it was so beautiful this week that we took him to the park. There are a few pictures to share. He had such a good time. Now that he's walking so good he was unstoppable at the park. He wanted to go up and down every hill and touch every toy. He finally likes the slides. In the past he's been really scared, but he likes them now. Here's a video.
Other than that, our week has been pretty uneventful. Baby Noah is more active than ever. I still have a feeling that this baby is going to be a big one, but I could always be wrong. He has periods of time where it feels like he's gonna jump right out of my belly. Often he likes to kick my computer or anything else sitting against my belly. I asked Bill tonight after the whole kip incident if we were going to get through 2 boys. Part of me feels like I'm too old for this, but I'm so thankful that God has given me these blessings. Yes it is hard to have a one year old and be pregnant again, but God equips us for what He gives us. Even though Isaac is a mover and shaker, I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. I'm sure we'll have a lot more busted lips, cuts, bruises and even scars, but even through those scary times as a mom, those hugs and kisses are the things I remember. I got scared tonight when we couldn't figure out exactly where he was hurt but later Bill told him to come give me love and he comes running over to give me a hug and kiss Noah. Those moment are priceless.
Well here are a few more pictures.
Daddy, it's a ligh outside
Climbing up the slide
He will finally crawl through the tunnell
Here I come Mommy
Swinging and High Five, not much better than that.
Daddy warning not to go to fast or he will fall.
I think this is my new favorite picture of them.

Bible time
Some of his climbing. Up and down, up and down, then put all the shoes on and off, but of course that requires climbing up and down.
No comments:
Post a Comment