Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

March 11, 2010

Are you tired of hearing about people being sick?

Well to be completely honest, I am. Someone has been sick in our house for over 3 weeks now. I've reached the point that I don't know how much more sickness I can handle. First Isaac who is now almost better. His cough is still there, but nothing in comparison to what it was. Then Bill got sick and it's just hanging on. He gets better for a few days, then it comes back with a vengeance. After he woke up yesterday and couldn't talk and could barely breathe enough to walk upstairs, I insisted it was time for the dr. With much opposition off we went to Valley Medical, the 7th time in two weeks we've visited this lovely place. It's a good thing he went because the dr was shocked to find out that he didn't have Asthma he was wheezing so bad. He has bronchitis and bronchial spasms which basically means on top of the bronchitis his bronchial tubes are now acting like he has asthma and are closing off which makes it even harder for him to breathe. The dr gave him a breathing treatment which helped and sent him home with three prescriptions. He is fortunately feeling much better today, but as we all know, once all the meds kick in all of the congestion starts moving so he's coughing like crazy today. He laughs and says his back and ribs hurt from coughing so hard. I think another 24 hours and he will be back to the same old Bill ;-) The only problem is that I woke up with a sore throat and the nastiest taste in my mouth yesterday. Hoping it was just lack of sleep I tried to rest and drink lots of fluids. Yet this morning I woke up feeling worse. So I guess after three weeks of caring for the boys it's my turn. Hopefully mine won't be as bad as theirs. I went and got some medicine that I'm actually permitted to take and started taking it hoping that I will catch it before it gets full blown. So to sum all of that up, I'm ready to be done with people in our family being sick.
On to a pregnancy update. Things are still very good. I didn't gain or loose any weight this time so I'm still at -5 pounds for the baby. If I follow the same pace as I did with Isaac (which I have so far) I might not gain any or just a few pounds. That's never a bad thing. Noah's heartbeat sounds great. He is still measuring on the large side. Well, let me rephrase that. I'm measuring on the big side. With Isaac I always measured right on track. I was measuring on track until 24 weeks when I measured 28 weeks. This time I'm 28 weeks and I'm measuring 33 weeks. At this point it could be just position of the baby or he could just be big. Although, my theory is that he is big, but he's laying sideways. He is still extremely active. I swear he's going to be a soccer player when he comes out. We are getting more and more excited every day. We were talking about it this morning wondering how the birth of Noah is going to be different than Isaac's birth. Things will be pretty different after this baby. Other than having a pinched nerve in my neck, which is no fun, things are going pretty good. Getting bigger daily, enjoying being able to feel little Noah move all around, knowing that in about 10 weeks I'll miss that feeling. I remember after Isaac almost being sad he was no longer inside me. I LOVED feeling him be able to move all around and on a selfish note I enjoyed knowing I was the only one that could experience that feeling.
So for a small update, we're all on the mend here and thing have slowed down for us a bit.

He was so worn out he fell asleep in the car which is something he rarely does anymore. He was so tired.









His new favorite thing....powdered donuts.






















He loves to "walk" down the stairs and run around the car. He thinks it's funny if we chase him.









Run, run, they're about to catch me.










He just loves to be outside.









My little boy is no longer a baby and quickly growing into a boy. He think he's so big "walking" down the stairs. Now he even hold on to our hand and the rail.










Last week he couldn't get over the threshold so he would crawl. This week, he has no problems.

No comments: