As most of you know I'm addicted to Facebook, like a good portion of the world. It always says "what's on your mind?" Well they don't give you enough room to answer that question. What's on my mind today? Well I'm gonna share with you.
Today we moved around the boys room and set up the second crib. Not a big task, yet it is very overwhelming to see my baby standing in the crib jumping up and down having a good ole time and looking across the room and seeing around crib all ready for another baby. Emotionally that's too much for me today. I don't know why, but it made it so real. Bill just kind of laughed and said something to the effect of "doesn't your growing, moving belly make it real?" I guess this time I know I'm pregnant (that fact is hard to miss), but since we haven't had to do the preparation that we did for Isaac it's not quite real. I'm having a baby shower in a few makes, that will probably even make it more real. Probably because we have so much going on in our lives right now, sometimes the thought that in six week we'll have a baby isn't on the forefront of our minds. However I can't decide if that's good or bad right now.
Another thing on my mind....... I forgot what it's like to be a few weeks away from having a baby. The lack of energy is almost scary. I feel like I've got to sit down and rest every five minutes. At least I've learned that I need to rest now. You would think the second time around I would already know this. Last weekend I did way too much and ended up having contractions all day on Sunday. So, it's rest time for me. Although I must do it, it's hard. I feel like my house is a mess, the laundry isn't done and there are so many things I need to be doing, like packing and preparing for a baby even if we don't know where or when we are moving.
So I guess today what's on my mind......a feeling of being very overwhelmed. I don't like these days. Fortunately with being pregnant, these emotions pass quickly so in a few minutes I'll be happy again.
1 comment:
Praying for you as you seek your next direction, and that God will give you strength as you welcome this new little one.
Post a Comment