So once again, God just smacked me in the face tonight.
Everyone has struggles in their lives and everyone has those times when you go through a valley. Then comes the time that you pick yourself up and start to live again. This week has been one of those times for me. For a few days last week, I was having a pity party for myself. For various and sundry reasons, nothing really specific. Then after praying for days for God to take my crappy attitude away then I realized that I needed to get over myself. Life isn't all about me.
So today an old friend and I reconnected even more than we already had through Facebook and God has used her in my life today more than she knows. I picked up "My Utmost for His Highest" to read before I headed to bed as I've been doing lately. Tonight, I knew that God put these words on the page for me.
Oswald Chambers wrote:
"The Overshadowing of God's Personal Deliverance"
"I am with you to deliver you," says the Lord. Jeremiah 1:8
"Wherever God sends us, He will guard our lives. Our personal property and possessions are to be a matter of indifference to us, and out hold on these things should be very loose. If this is not the case, we will have panic, heartache, and distress. Having the proper outlook is evidence of the deeply rooted belief in the overshadowing of God's personal deliverance."
It's been one of those days that I've been consumed with worrying about the things that we "need" or "want." What we don't have rather than what we do have. Wondering what I can change or do in order to have the things that we "need." Reading this made me realize several things. 1) I have everything that I need. I have a family that loves me, my bills are paid and there's food on my table. I have an amazing house. 2) God will guard me and take care of me. He always does. 3) Yes, this is a repeat, I have all of my needs met. Not all of my wants, but everything I need and many things that I want, I have. God reminded me tonight that He never leaves us, even when we can't necessarily see Him working, He is working. He might not provide like we think He's going to, but we can't overlook the times that He does provide for us. Like when someone shows up at church with a can of formula because they can't use it. God is always faithful.
I needed this reminder tonight and as I say, when God smacks me around I have to share it because someone else might need this message too and this is my sharing place for right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment