We had a fun Monday. We drove over to Asotin (which I refer to as Andy and Mayberry town) to a very small little bakery that has amazing food. Bill and I had amazing croissant sandwiches, watermelon and fresh baked cookies. Yummy yummy! Then we took a beautiful drive, I'm not even sure where we were, but we just drove out the road that follows the Snake River and it was gorgeous. Even though we didn't really go anywhere it was nice to get away from Lewiston for a few hours and see some beautiful scenery.
Next week is church camp for 5 days. So much to do, not enough time. I dread trying to pack for a 5 month old for 5 days. If I was going on vacation it might be a little different. But I have to pack EVERYTHING, including the pack-n-play, clothes, diapers, food, formula, more clothes, more bibs, etc. Not looking forward to the packing, but looking forward to camp. I was asked to speak at one of the ladies sessions and at first declined because I would be helping Bill with the kids, but then thought about it for a few minutes and couldn't squelch the thought that God had laid something on my heart and I wanted to share with people, but didn't really have a format. Only God works things out like this. I talked to Bill and he said he had other help so if I felt I wanted to go then I needed to go, especially if that's what God was telling me. So I went back to the person who extended the invitation and asked exactly what she wanted me to speak on. (Totally a God thing) The theme of camp is Lead, Serve, Follow. She needed someone to speak about following. Oddly enough God has been smacking me in the head about following Him only. Is that not how he works or what. So, something that I normally hate to do (which is be in front of people) I gladly volunteered to do. I know God has something for me to say, I just need to make sure it's His words, not mine. You know, this is the part of being a Pastors wife that I love.
We are looking forward to the weeks after camp. Even though not a lot is going on, it will be nice to have a break. It's different when you are not only preparing yourselves to go to camp, but Bill has to prepare the lessons and I'm helping with some of the things in the office and don't forget that this Sunday is promotion Sunday and all the kids are moving to a new class. Oh the joys!
Well, Isaac will be 5 months old on Monday. He's just getting so big. He's wanting to hold is own bottle and any time a cup is within arms reach he's wanting to grab it and drink. This morning he was sad his peas were gone and I showed him the bowl. He grabbed it and licked the bowl. That's my boy! He loves his food, but he came by that honestly. He's trying to move around more and more. He doesn't want to be cuddled anymore unless he's tired, but then only for a few seconds. Fortunately Mommy is the only he'll cuddle with right now. I'm loving that. For the most part he's on a good schedule. He sleeps about 10 hours at night which I am thankful for.
Other than those thing, life is not that exciting on the home front. I'll share a picture or two with you before I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment