Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

June 11, 2009

What a day

Well it has been a busy two days for us. We left for Church Camp yesterday. Let's just say Isaac needs a lot for two days. WOW.... a lot. But we will move on. We drove up to Church Camp yesterday without any problems. Isaac slept most of the way. He had a dirty diaper on the way. Try changing one of those in the car going 70 mile and hour. We got here and got moved into our little cabin and got unpacked. Now for most of you this little cabin would not be "roughing it.' It is a very nice little cabin and we have our own bathroom which I love. But, you must remember that I am a city girl. I have never camped in my life. This is as close to it will ever get to me camping. It's hard to have one this little staying in a place that's practically empty. But it's nice. We've had some wonderful fun and fellowship already.
Isaac decided that he was not going to take a nap yesterday so he woke up around 2 in the afternoon and didn't go back to "sleep" until about 11. This is huge for him. He's usually only up abut 3 hours at a time. Once we laid him down he screamed and cried for almost an hour and half. We did everything we knew to do, walked the floors, rocked him, laid him in the crib, changed the diaper, fed him, still yet screaming. Finally around 11 he went to "sleep." I put quotes because it wasn't really sleep. Let me start here and say I've always been thankful for having a baby that slept. I didn't realize until last night how much. He was up about every 15 minutes crying. When he was asleep he just kind of moaned in his sleep. I think Bill and I got an hour or 2 or sleep. I think Isaac was just telling us he wasn't happy that he was not at home. He got up this morning though happy as a lark. Laughing and playing. I fed him his cereal and fruit and gave him is bottle. Thank goodness he can hold it now. I went to get ready but turned back around just to check on him. The bottle was almost empty? What I just gave it to him, I know he's not that hungry. I hadn't had enough sleep and after I used some formula to put in his cereal I evidentally forgot to put the lid on the bottle. So Isaac, the floor and his chair are all covered in milk. On two hours of sleep, not what I was looking for. So cleaned everything up, he finished his bottle while we got ready. I sent Bill on to breakfast with Isaac while I finished up getting ready.
This morning was good, however we are both exhausted. Bill taught the children's lesson and I taught the ladies. A very daunting task when you haven't spoken in front of people for a while and you have some amazing women of God sitting there listening to you. I told Denise this morning that God must want to say something because Satan is doing everything he can to distract me, but God is getting me through. God did have something to say through me and I count it such a privilege that He, the creator of all things, decided to speak to me and through me to these ladies. God is so good.
All in all the morning has gone well, just a little overwhelming. Isaac is now taking a nap and Mommy thinks she might too, even though she's supposed to be making a boat for the race on Saturday. Please pray with us that God moves during camp this week. I have a feeling that he is going to do some amazing things this week.
I am so thankful for His love, His grace and ultimately His patience and forgiveness.

No comments: