Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

June 3, 2009

2 posts in one day....

The day started out early but good. But the last few hours, I'm been a horrible mother. I'm sure every mom has felt like this a time or two. I brought Isaac home from church in the stroller and he started fussing. I ignored it because he was tired and we were going to be home in about 30 seconds and I was going to put him to bed anyways. What I didn't realize until I got home was that my huge Coke from lunch fell out of the cup holder and spilled into his lap so he was covered in ice and Coke and all sticky. I cleaned him up, feeling so bad because I ignored him crying and didn't check on him. I put him down for a nap and I thought he was just really tired and was really fussing. This is something that is happening every time I put him down now so I didn't think much about. He cried for about 10 minutes and I checked on him several times but he finally went to sleep. I went to get cough drops out of the diaper bag and ended up dumping it out and saw the bottle with formula in it. He wasn't crying because he was tired, he was crying because it was time to eat and he was tired. So not only did I soak my son in ice cold Coke, I forgot to feed him. I guess he's not dying from starvation because he's been sleeping for 2 hours and he wakes up when he's hungry. But I feel like I crappy mom today. It's a good thing he doesn't remember these thing or even really know what's going on. Fortunately he's too young to remember my mistakes, but one day he's going to start remembering my mistakes. I better get on the ball.

No comments: