I feel like each week God presents us with new challenges and waits to see if we will respond in our own strength of rely on His strength. Interestingly enough, as Bill was teaching Club 56 (Our 5th and 6th graders) tonight, he said that God completely changed his lesson. His goal was to teach about the miracle of the Feeding of the 5000 in John 8. He ended up talking to the kids about trust and trusting God. He did an amazing job of teaching the kids on their level and relating trusting God to their every day lives. I told him on the way home that I think he spoke to the leaders more than the kids tonight. I noticed that the leaders were all making comments and adding things to the lesson and agreeing with what he had to say. Bill was trying to impress upon the kids to learn how to trust God for everything that happens in your life at a young age because the consequences of not trusting when you are older are not fun. Of the leaders agreed and it was great to see everyone sharing stories and being involved in the conversation. It's never a bad remind to trust God in the little things in life. We all tend to trust God when something huge is happening in our life but we try to handle the day to day things on our own. Sometimes I think that God's to busy to worry about the little things in my life, but isn't it wonderful to know He is never too busy to provide my needs for me.
This week in the life of Isaac...
Isaac has started smiling quite a bit. I love it when you're feeding him and he just looks up with the biggest smile. He's so cute.
We think he's starting to laugh. He's making this funny noise that isn't necessarily a laugh bit not a cry but it sound like this loud almost laugh/cry. We're wondering if he's trying to laugh at us.
Almost 3 weeks ago, the little piggy weighed 7lbs 7oz, as much as he's been eating lately I'm sure he's at least up to 8 and 1/2 if not 9 lbs by now. Even though he's eating 4 oz now, he's making less and less time every day before he wants more. He even ate 5 oz a few times last week because he was starving. I can't believe he's eating so much. Of course he thinks we never feed him so when he's hungry he goes from being completely fine to extremely upset and wanting his food in about 2 seconds.
He's sleeping longer chunks of time at lunch which is making me so happy. He slept 6 hours the other night. I was so thankful. On average he sleeps between 4-5 hrs every night. I am so lucky to have a baby that sleeps.
So once again, I end my post with pictures from this week.
I was so tired, Mommy woke me up from my nap to get me dressed for church tonight then she had the audacity to put me in this outfit with two shirts that went over my head which doesn't make me happy, then she put shoes on me so my socks would stay on, then Daddy made me wear this hat and hats do not make me happy. After all this, they want me to smile for the camera. Are these people crazy I ask you?
So she keeps putting me under this thing and expects me to know what to do. She shakes these things and I like the nosies, yet I can't quite figure out how I'm suppose to do this. Each time I amuse her a little longer before I have my breakdown and she finally picks me up. Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do with this thing?
Oh great, not another photo shoot. Every time she puts me in the corner of the couch she thinks that I need to pose. Okay, first picture I'll try to smile. Second picture...she's beginning to bore me. Third picture, she's wearing me out, doesn't she know it's nap time? Last picture, I'm done I'm going to stick my tongue out at you now.
1 comment:
LOVE the pic under the rings. You can totally see how big his belly is getting! ;-)
Post a Comment