Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

February 10, 2009

Question of the day

So as a new mom, we have lots of questions. As the doctor assured us today all of the things that we questioned are perfectly normal. But we have an odd questions that we have been asking ourselves the last few days. Anyone of our friends who have been with us lately are asking themselves the same questions. Also most of Emmanuel Baptist who sit on the left hand side of the sanctuary are asking themselves the same question. So you ask, what is this question that all of these people are asking themselves?

How can this little boy who now weighs 7 lbs 7 oz (we are very happy about this) have bodily functions that are worse than a grown man????

Let's us just say this, our church know exactly how loud he can burp as he burped loudly during a very serious moment in Pastor John's message Sunday morning. Okay, maybe it wasn't as loud as I thought, but it seemed very loud to me. Secondly this little, adorable, teeny tiny little boy passes gas louder than a grown man. It's funny to be in a place where no one has heard him pass gas and everybody in the room looks at each other to see who just passed gas. Let me tell you, it's not only the sound, the smell is indescribable. The only thing that I can think to describe the smell is rotten eggs. Let's describe it this way. In Lewiston we have a paper mill called Potlatch. Let's just say the smell of a paper mill in 110 degree weather is not pleasant. Even when it's cold outside, the smell is something that can only be understood when you smell it yourself. Right Mom???? There have been several times we've been in the car and I look at Bill and say "Is that Isaac or Potlatch?" It's hard to tell.
I never thought that a little boy could make such a horrible smell but it's true. I can't tell you how many diapers we've gone to change and take it off and the diaper is totally dry to our amazement however we still change it because the smell of the diaper is atrocious even though there's nothing there. Lately this has been something as a new mother that makes me laugh on a daily basis. What we've also found is that when he actually does have a dirty diaper that we must wait to change the diaper because he will go 3 or 4 times before he's done. The interesting thing is that he won't go a second or third time until we open the diaper. I can't tell you how many diapers we've waisted because we will change the diaper get him all cleaned up, put the new diaper on him and he dirties it again. He's such a little stinker, but it makes Mommy and Daddy laugh every day.
Other updates on Isaac......as I already said, he now weighs 7 lbs 7 oz. We are thrilled with this. The doctor even said today that if I choose to, I no longer have to give him formula because he's gained enough weight. He gained a whole pound in a week. When I told the doctor he was drinking about 4 ounces every 3 hours he was very surprised. I guess this why he's gaining so much weight. He is also learning to smile. I love it! It's so fun when you talk to him and his face just lights up.
Well, as I sit here and type the smell from my precious boy is becoming overwhelming.......so I must go and take care of this smell before I begin to gag.
Oh wait......
Before I go, here's another picture of my adorable little boy. Look at those eyes. Aren't they just adorable.

No comments: