But I'm not blogging about American Idol tonight. I just wanted to share some thoughts.
First I have the best husband in the world. For Valentines Day, since there's only a few real restaurants in Lewiston, I told Bill I didn't really want to go to dinner and wait forever just to eat, so the three of us went out for a Valentines Day lunch. We had great Italian food which I'm happy about since I haven't been extremely impressed with the Italian food here. We exchanged presents before we went to lunch and my wonderful husband got me a Willow Tree and a gift card for shoes. You know me, I'm obsessed with shoes. There are three reasons I needed more shoes. 1) I didn't buy any the whole time I was pregnant because my feet were so swollen I couldn't get any other shoes on 2) when we moved I got rid of some shoes, actually now that we're unpacked I realize I got rid of lots of shoes 3) because I got rid of so many shoes, I found I have only 2 pair of winter shoes 4) I love shoes and to go almost 9 months without buying any has been so sad. Okay, I know I said 3 reason, but I added an extra. So off we went to Payless, my favorite place for shoes, and ended up getting 4 pair of shoes. You know me, one of the only people in the world that has $30 and gets 4 pair of shoes for that. I love it.
Second, I have the best little boy in the world. I'm by no means ranking him after my shoes, but now that we have a little one, it's easy to focus only on him and not your partner, so I'm making a conscious effort to focus on my amazing husband. But...my little boy....is wonderful. I know every new mom says that but it's true. He rarely cries and if he does, he's either hungry or his belly hurts. He's very patient, except when he's hungry. I've noticed he goes from fine to absolutely starving in about 2 seconds. He makes the funniest faces in the world. Sometimes I just begin to wonder what he's thinking when we are talking to him. I think he wonders if we are crazy. He's sleeping 4-5 hours at a time at night which I am so thankful for. When he wakes up, I'm pretty sure he thinks he's never eaten because the poor boy is starving to death. I love to get him out of bed after he's been sleeping for a while because when he sees me he just gets this look in his eye like oh she's here to save me.
Even at 6 weeks old, he already knows my voice and my face. It's funny to watch him if someone else is holding him and he can hear me talking. He looks all around and then just stares at the person holding him like wait you're not my mommy. We always joke that he's thinking, wait something is wrong with this picture. I love my little boy. I keep wondering how I know how to console him or take care of him, but it's like everybody says you just know what to do. I didn't the first day or even the first week or so, but you learn more about these little ones every day. I am so thankful that I get to stay home with him and take care of him every day. Yes there are hard time and hard days, but it's all worth it when he smiles at you. That little smile melts your heart when he gives them away. He's still pretty stingy with those smile, but it makes them all the more special.
Well, I have lots to do this week as we are having an open house on Friday for the church to visit. Now that almost everything is in it's place (if it's not, it's just going to have to stay that way) I feel as though I can have people over and not be embarrassed. Thank you to all who helped me get my house in order. I didn't realize how hard it would be to plan a party and do the preparations when you have a little one. Fortunately he's an amazing baby and usually sleeps from the time he gets in his car seat and I have to wake him when we get home, but it does add another element to your planning that you don't think about before.
But I leave you with this thought. Another thing that God has laid on my hear during my prayer time. The God I serve listens all the time. There's never a time where He's busy or has a day off and it's never too late. I realized as I was praying last night, God listens to me whenever I talk to Him. I am so thankful that He listens no matter what. He is so good.
I'll leave you with a few pics of my boy!
He was so tired after playing with Mommy and Daddy that he sacked out. I literally turned around to get a diaper and he was out like a light before I turned back around
Mommy and her boy!
1 comment:
He's getting SO big! LOVE the new background and the pic of you and Isaac!!!
Post a Comment