Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

February 8, 2009

Thankful...it's not even Thanksgiving



If you know me, you know that I love to read people stories. I love to know about people lives, even if I've never met you and will never meet you, I like to know stories.

So today I was looking on a friends blog and they had links to two other families asking for prayer. As I have never met these families and never heard their stories, I began reading today's blog and was completely intrigued so I went back and started reading their blogs from several weeks ago to understand their stories better. After reading these stories, I was moved to tears for these families and understanding what they are dealing with and reading how in the midst of insurmountable trials, they are giving God the glory and trusting God to see them through this trial.

Please don't get me wrong, I am so thankful for my family, especially my new son, but reading these peoples stories, I was reminded that even though I have bad days and frustrating days, I am immeasurably blessed by God. He has truly blessed me so much more than I deserve. God has given me a wonderful husband who is in love with Him. Bill cherishes me so much and does such an amazing job being a father and husband. I have the most perfect little son who is learning to smile at me. I never thought in a million years that I would get so much enjoyment out of a little smile for a baby boy. I am blessed with a family (parents, in-laws, sister, aunts, uncles and grandparents) who love me unconditionally. I know that I could pick up the phone at any time and call any of these people if I needed something and they would do everything they could to help me. Yes, it's much more difficult now that I live in Idaho, but I am so thankful for these people who have supported me and loved me for so long.
We have been so blessed to truly have a church family in Idaho. Since I don't have any family members anywhere near close, it was important to me that I had a church family that I can go to if I have questions or just need a friend. God has blessed us so much with several people that we have developed such good friendships with. I understand for the first time what a real church family is. I am so thankful that we have several good friends. People always say that you are rich if you have one good friend, but God has given us so many good friends here in Idaho. I'm fully convinced more every day that this is exactly where God has perfectly placed us. I am so thankful that we waited for God and didn't push any doors open and step in front of God's perfect plan for us. There were many times over the last few years that we knew that God wasn't calling us to certain places, but the opportunities looked so good and promising but we both knew God wasn't calling us there. We could've gone ahead and gone knowing this wasn't where He wanted us and we waited. As we all know, waiting is the hardest thing in the world to do, especially when you can't see how the plan works out. But I am so thankful that we waited for God.
Another thing that I am so thankful for in Idaho is for the doctor that God provided us here. I know that Isaac is now a month old, but as I think back, I am so thankful for the doctor that I had who took what I said seriously and didn't downplay any of the things he saw when I visited the office 2 times a week. Because of him I have a perfectly healthy baby and I am healthy and maintained my health during my pregnancy. God perfectly placed him in our lives.
So I ask you, what are you thankful for? Normally we all get reflective around certain times of the year, but I encourage you today to stop and think about all the things that God has blessed you with. What things in your life do you take for granted that are true blessings from God. If you stop and think about it I'm sure we can all come up with lists of things we are thankful for that we take for granted. God is so amazing and I am so thankful that His love is always unconditional and no matter what I do, He continues to love me and remind me that I am HIS child. Wow, what an amazing thought.

No comments: