As I've written and re-written this blog a few times now, I just can't find the right words to express my thoughts tonight. It all stems from a post from a friend of mine that said: "I also cannot stop thinking about those who have lost their mothers, mothers who have lost a child, and women who desire to, but are unable to become mothers. Remember to pray for and encourage anyone who is hurting today."
Let me back up for a second. Anyone who's been pregnant knows that it's not always the most pleasant thing. Especially towards the end. The last few days have been hard. Fortunately I have 12 days left! I feel like all I do is complain even when I purposefully try not to. I guess I'm at that point that when people ask me how I am, I'm tired lying and saying I'm fine. This leads me to complain. I feel like that's all I do.
Back to my friends post. It made me think of a few things. 1) Even though my family isn't all still here on earth. I'm thankful my mom is. I'm not sure what I'd do without her. 2) I am more thankful every day that God has chosen not to take a child away from us. I have friends who have recently lost pregnancies and I am reminded so often that God knows that I couldn't handle that. 3) Not so long ago I was one of those women longing to be completely uncomfortable and not be able to sleep because my belly was so big from being pregnant. Here I am a little over 2 years later overwhelmed at the fact that I'm going to have another baby, but quick to forget that every baby is such a miracle. Please don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for the baby I'm about to have. I am so honored that even when I feel like I'm not a good mom that God thinks that I'm such a good mother He has chosen to give me another one.
So I sit here reflecting on the things that I once wanted and thanking God for the blessings He alone has given me and praying that I don't take those blessings for granted. In this crazy time of our lives we have to stop and be thankful for what God has given us not what we don't have. I'm reminded of one of Bill's favorite songs "Blessed Be Your Name." The bridge to that song says "You give and take away, my heart will choose to say, Lord Blessed Be Your Name." God is so amazing and even though there's so much going on, it's easy to become overwhelmed we must remember that God knows. I'm also reminded of one of my favorite passages. Psalm 139: 13-17.
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to b]">[b] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Now when most people think of this, they think of small little babies. This was one of my favorite passage even before the thought of being a mom entered my mind. God cares about me so much that He created every part of me. He paid attention to every single detail. How can you not be overwhelmed that God loves us so much that at the moment He created you His attention was completely focused on every detail of who you would become.
Now once I became a mother this passage takes on a very different meaning. It's so amazing to me that the "tiny" little boy inside me was created perfectly by God. God cares enough about my son even though he's not even born yet that He created my baby perfect and took the time to focus on every part of my little boy.
I have to share before I go the perfect Mother's Day card I got today. If you know Isaac, you know he LOVES dogs. But every animal either "woofs" or "baaaaaa's" like a lamb. Bill said he took him to the card aisle and Isaac went crazy over a dog card and every card Bill picked up Isaac would yell until he brought back the dog card. So I got a "woof woof" card for Mother's Day. It couldn't have been more perfect. Before I even opened it Isaac started barking. It was adorable. He was so excited over the card. He even signed it himself. I like that commercial on TV where the Mom looks back when her daughter has a child of her own over the cards she was given on Mother's Day. My goal is to keep every card the boys give me for Mother's Day and I can look back and remember each year.
No comments:
Post a Comment