So our days in Lynchburg are numbered. The moving truck arrives on October 8th and we will leave October 9th. Wow, just a few more days. My last day of work is Wednesday and they are having a big farewell party for me. I feel very loved as many plans are being made. It's a very bittersweet moment. As I prepare to leave LU for the second time, my emotions are very conflicted. I can't wait to begin our new lives in Idaho with our new church family. I feel like we can finally start our real lives and really prepared for baby Isaac and prepare ourselves to be wonderful parents. As we go, I think of the friends I've had at Liberty for almost 10 years and the ones I've only had for a few months and it's hard to believe that I'll be moving away, not only moving away, but moving across the country. Then to think I'll be 40 plus hours from my family. If I didn't know better I would think if I was reading this I didn't want to go to Idaho, but believe me I can't wait. What I've learned in my class this semester is that sometimes in order to move on to better things, we have to leave good things behind. So this is my thought. In order to live the life God has planned for us, we have to leave our comfort zone of Lynchburg. God is so amazing and has provided so much for us already. He will continue to give us guidance and peace through packing, leaving and our trip to Idaho.
Good news....we've found if we leave from WV, which is our plan, that it should only take us about 35 hours to get there. That's much better than the 42 we were planning from Lynchburg. 7 hours is about all we'll be able to do in a day because I have to stop all the time, so it will save us about a days travel.
So I hope no one thinks that I don't want to go, because I can't wait to start our new lives. How many people get the opportunity to start fresh? we do and I'm so excited. But just as all of you have moved away, it's hard to leave those friend you've found behind. God is good! As always, and fortunately for us, that never changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment