So I just noticed that today is my 201st post! I think it's very appropriate that my 200th post was about Isaac's 2nd birthday.
Today though I must share a few of Isaac's sayings. I'm convinced he's the smartest 2 year old in the world. I know, I know, every mother says that. But I know it :-) At two he's able to identify anything red, blue, green, orange and sometimes purple (he calls it blue sometimes). He can identify a star, a diamond and a heart, but not a circle or a square. I say that's genius. Nana got him counting and identifying Mickey Mouse Cards for his birthday. He brought some to us and was saying "look Mommy, orange diamond." That's my kid.
Today there was a soccer movie on TV and Isaac starts yelling "he kicked the ball, he kicked the ball." I just can't get over how in the last few weeks he's gone from saying a word or two and now he's putting together sentences and making sense.
He is repeating everything. Today I was talking about him and said to Mom "he repeats everything" and he starts running around saying "repeat, repeat, repeat." He's so silly. For some strange reason he loves the word shoot. He thinks it's hilarious. He just starts laughing so hard. The more you say it, the louder you say it the more funny he thinks it is. We've resorted to spelling things out at time. I swore I'd never be one of those parents that spell. I guess I'll just add it to the list of things I swore I'd never do as a parent. But, it's funny because he's been watching Word World and they spell everything. He tries to spell it too. He now spells Bear BRAERA. He's so silly. But we've noticed any time we spell he tries to spell the letters in the same way we did. I hope he picks up our good qualities and not our bad qualities. The only thing he refuses to say is Aunt M. Every now and then we get a "rant rem" but that's about the closet thing.
I guess I say all of this to try to show you how much fun he is and how much I love this boy. This boy is amazing. He has difficult moments, but we're learning that the things we're teaching him are sinking in. Slowly, but surely. He good moments far outweigh the hard moments. With Nana and Poppy and Aunt Vickie being here, no nap and way too much sugar, he's been such a good boy.
God has blessed me with two amazing little boys. I am so thankful for both of them and what they bring to my life every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment