Today I have decided that I no longer want to be a grown up. I don't want to deal with the grown up things of life anymore. I want a demotion. I want to be a kid again, this adult thing is too hard.
Now don't get me wrong, I like making the rules and enforcing the rules. But, I don't want the responsibility that goes along with making the rules. I want to be carefree and not worried about how bills are gonna get paid, put food on the table, gas in the car plus do it all and still spend quality time with my family.
I don't want to have a poor me party. A pity party is not something that I don't want to partake in. Mainly because in reality I know I don't have to worry about all of the adult things of life. God has a plan on how to take care of it all. Isn't it amazing that we have a Creator that cares enough about us to know every fine detail of how we were formed. He has so much to do, but never forgets we are here. We never have to worry if God's left us. He promises in His Word that He will never leave us.
But here's the important part that I think we, as followers of Christ, forget. He will not leave, but He also never promised that each day would be a walk in the park. There are days that are hard. Down right stinky, crappy, horrible days. But if our hope is in the One who gave His life for us, then we must know those nasty days are just a fleeting moment in life. When we're going through it, it doesn't seem that way, but they are fleeting moments.
5 years ago, I wouldn't have guessed I would have two baby boys in my life. 3 years ago, I would've never dreamed I would move 3000 miles away from everything I ever knew. A year ago, I would've never believed I'd be living in Tennessee. But the cool thing is.......God knew all of this. He knew it and He had a plan for it and He still has a plan for it. Even when we forget He has a plan. He does.
So to sum up all these random thought, on days like today when I want to be a kid again, I must not forget that God has a perfect plan, even when I can't see where that next step might take me.
No comments:
Post a Comment