Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

July 8, 2012

Time is the enemy

How often I say that time is passing too quickly. We're already more than a week into July. Weren't we just celebrating Noah's birthday the other day? Wait that was close to two months ago now.
So I'm sure you are chomping at the bit to know exactly what'l exciting things have been happening in the Ford household. Mainly the pool, trying to stay cool in this third straight week of 100 degree plus temperatures and trying to stay well.
I took some vacation on May to celebrate Nana and Poppy's visit and got a good start on my tan. It's a good thing I did.
We spent lots of time at the pool and the water park. Then the heat hit. We've been trying to get out but you know it's too hot when you can't even go to the pool. I took off the last week of June as well. It's a good thing I did as I got Pneumonia my second day of vacation. If you know me I don't like to be down. That was the hardest thing for me when I had the boys. The pain wasn't bad it was the no lifting, driving, and taking it easy part. I don't do well with that.
This time though I haven't had a choice. Between the medicine and infection sleeping is not avoidable. After almost two weeks I'm finally starting to feel better. A nice deep breath without coughing would nice but breathing without pain is good.
The boys have gone a little stir crazy. Bill took them to the office the other day and Isaac had to tell me it was way to hot to be outside. They need to get some of their energy out. We've been having them run races and do exercises inside. They this it's so much fun! We did a painting project and they loved that. Mommy needed some time to bounce back after that mess ;)
Isaac thinks he's 3 going on 6. He's been telling people he's 6 lately. This boy has an amazing imagination. Today he told me that I didn't want him to be afraid of the dark and if I bought him this pillow pet he could see then he wouldn't be afraid of the dark. He is already the constant negotiator at our house. His favorite things are riding bikes (even though he hasn't quite got peddling down) swimming and of course baseball. They told me in church this morning that how prayer request was that he could one day play for the Boston Red Sox. Most kids prayed for their parents or sibilings. Not my boy. He has big dreams and already knows God can do anything.
For my birthday Isaac gave me his bug. His most prized possession is his bug, his blanket. I asked him if he would take care of it for me and he agreed. Such a tender little heart.
Noah in the other hand is growing by leaps and bounds. It's like a switch flipped on his second birthday. He carries on conversation and makes the funniest faces. He already knows what he likes and only wants to do what he wants to do. He is one of the most polite little boys. Always says "welcome ma." His own version of thank you. Always says please and I love you. Such good manners. He wants to copy everything.g his big brother does so we've been having lots of conversations lately about Isaac being a good example. He's scared of everything lately but we are hoping this is just a phase. Trains are his favorite toy and he loves to watch the "big ones" as he says when we go to the store. He's very disappointed when there's no train.

No doubt about it these boys keep us on our toes and make us sleep.good at night, but I am so thankful.for their love. These two boys light up my life.






No comments: