Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

November 28, 2009

Christmas in the Ford house

I love Christmas. Actually it's hard to express in words how much I love Christmas. I love everything about it. The lights, the ornaments, the trees, all the decorations, the movies, the music, everything. We put our Christmas tree up yesterday! Isaac loved playing with the branches on the tree. He couldn't figure out if I took one away how more appeared in the floor for him to play with. It was quite funny. He didn't really want to play with anything except the screw that held the tree in the stand. We ran out of lights half way through so I had to run and get more. While I was gone, Isaac got a bath and ready for bed and Bill and I finished the tree after Isaac was in bed. I must say I think it's the best tree yet. I love it. We have all the ornaments that Bill and I buy every year and then Isaac's first ornament and his new Elmo ornament.
I knew he would be excited this morning when he got up and saw the tree all together. So Bill brought him in and I got to capture some pictures and a cute video. He was so excited he just squealed. It took him about 10 minutes to actually touch the tree. He's only taken off a few ornaments. I'm going with the theory that if I let him touch a few and hold them instead of telling him no that maybe the excitement of not touching them will wear off and he will leave them alone. Not sure if reverse psychology will work on him or not, but who knows. Time will only tell.

Here's a video of him seeing the tree.

Here are a few pictures of our tree and Isaac.






Helping Momma with the branches














This is all he wanted to do for a while. He also eats the metal doorstops at the church office and recently he's been attracted to the metal hinges on the door. I wonder if he's in need of some vitamin.



His first view of the tree







The final product

Isaac's first ornament

Glowing tree!

No comments: