Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

Each year Easter comes and I feel as thought I understand the death and burial of my Savior in a different way. This year I've thought about it from so many aspects. As someone reminded me what Mary's view of Easter must have been. As a new Mom of a little boy I can't imagine how the mother inside felt. I also have been thinking about how God gave His ONLY Son. What a huge sacrifice. Bill and I both said from the moment we found out we were having baby that this baby would be God's child. He was only ours on loan. However I can't imagine knowing that he was going to be a sacrifice and die for the sins of man. Something else has been on my mind today. Bill mentioned in Children's Church today that when Jesus was on the cross each of our names was on his mind. I have always been baffled by one fact. Not that He was thinking of me, but the fact that in that short period of time every person in the world's name crossed His mind. Something else that baffles me is that when we all pray at the same time, He hears each of our prayers. I think this is a thought that I will never truly grasp. But, now that I have strayed from my original thought, I will get back.
For some reason this year I have really focused on the Resurrection. Usually I think about the sacrifice. There's a line from a Mercy Me song that has been running through my mind lately. "Such a tiny offering compared to Calvary, but never the less, we lay it at your feet." In our human minds, can we ever truly grasp what kind of sacrifice it was for God to give His son? But, this year I've been meditating on the Risen Savior. I am so overwhelmed that without this part of the Easter story, my salvation would mean nothing. Everyone will die a physical death. This is not a shock to any of us. But only my Savior rose again for me. Yes, I know it was for every person, in order to have eternal life. This year I have been consumed that He rose on the third day for me. He was thinking of me. Even though I've known my Savior for a long time, at times I still think that my little "problems" aren't important. But guess what, I serve a God who cares about the little things in my every day life.
So I guess I've been rambling for a while now, but I hope this Easter you've taken time to think about the death, the burial and Resurrection of my Savior.

On another note....here are some pictures of Easter for us.

Watching baseball on TV with Dad. He is mesmerized by baseball.



King Isaac



Okay Mom, I'm about done with these clothes.



This wears me out.


The family.

No comments: