Our Family

Our Family
November 2013

August 25, 2008

Here we are

After one long Monday I thought I'd take a few minutes to de-stress and update everyone who reads my blog on our lives.
I don't have much excitement to share for the week as classes started this week. Remind me why I'm pushing myself to get my degree done this semester???? Oh yes, because I know if I don't finish these 3 classes now once the baby comes I'll never finish. Sometime I wonder if I am trying a glutton for punishment as I'm married, expecting a baby, working more than full time, going to Grad school full time and after all this, still trying to having a life. I am most definitely not complaining because God has provided a way for me to get all these thing done at this. Sometimes I just wonder why I chose to do it all at once :-)
Well, we are still in a waiting pattern finding out what our future holds. We are praying moment by moment that God will give us understanding and patience as we are waiting to hear from Idaho. Once again, we are positive that God is faithful and has His master plan for our lives. We are continuing to pray that God keeps our anxiousness at bay as we are waiting to hear. Please pray with us that God allows us to hear something either one way or the other soon or that He will continue to control our patience as we wait. God has a Master Plan for us.
Off on a side note.....I'm reminded every time I share of our experience of a devotional that I read years ago, but God continues to bring this back to me. The verse is Jeremiah 29:11. A verse that most of us who have ever read the Bible most likely know by heart. To quickly tell you a little about the devotions, she is saying that God has a plan for us and sometimes it seems like a dot to dot picture. We move from dot to dot, some dots are pleasant some are not, but we can't see the big picture. All we can see is the dots and wonder what this picture looks like. Then we see the painter of this picture who is God placing each of these dots in a particular order. Once again, we can't see what this picture will make, but we are so fortunate that He knows what this picture is. It's very encouraging to know that even though I have no idea what our future holds for us, God know. He knows every moment, every place, every ministry that we will serve in. He has a plan.
So all that to say we don't know much more than we did last week at this point, however our response to not knowing are very different this week. God has always been faithful and will continue to be faithful.

No comments: