What a week.
On Saturday, Noah slipped off the side of the pool and ended up with four stitches.
Today, Isaac went to his first day of school and loved it!
Tomorrow, is my last day of work for a month and my Mom comes!
On Thursday I will have part of my kidney removed.
What a week.
To make a very long story short, I went to the doctor for what I though was a bad gallbladder. Turns out they still aren't sure what is wrong with that part of me. In all the testing they found a mass on my kidney. After several doctors appointments, specialist appointments and finally an appointment with a surgeon, they all conclude that there is a 65-80% chance that the mass in cancer. They can't be sure until they remove it, but all the tests and scans indicate that it is most likely cancer.
The goods news is if it is cancer, the doctors words were I would be cured after surgey. No chemo or radiation just some follow up testing and then yearly testing. If it's not cancer then I will have yearly follow ups to make sure everything is still good.
So, it's been a long week at the Ford household. Still a long week ahead of us.
We have seen God work in so many ways.
Noah's fall could have been so much worse if he had just fallen differently. Not a doubt in my mind that God's hand of protection was on him.
Isaac had a great first day of school with no problems. He wasn't even scared and asked several times when we were going to leave ;)
With my health issues it sounds like my case is the best case scenario. If it is cancer, the is the best kind to have. Surgery and your done. It was caught early so it has mot spread.
So I ask you to pray for our family. I should be in the hospital for 3-4 days and then a 3-4 week recovery. Even though this is a major surgery it will be nice to have peace of mind and know for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment