Sixty-one years ago today my Daddy was born. I can't believe he would be 61years old. This just seems so old to me. Even though it's not.
So today I must say that my Dad has been on my mind a lot. No matter who it was, he always felt that birthdays were important. He made sure that the birthday boy or girl always felt important.
I truly can't believe he's been gone for almost 6 years. Where has the time gone? It's hard to believe it. Nothing that I can say here can express who my Dad was, what he did or how much he loved us. I wish I could put it into words. Anyone who met him never forgot him. It was hard to do. He was unforgettable.
I see a lot of him in my boys. Even though my boys don't look much like me, well Noah does, they definitely have the Brewer personality. Loving and giving, but stubborn :-) Their mannerisms, their over the top personalities, their love for music and Isaac's love of the color purple. You all know how my Dad felt about purple.
But today all I can say is Happy Birthday Daddy. I wish you were here to spend it with us, but I know you're having a much better time worshipping at the feet of Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment