I think I'm beginning to get addicted to other peoples blogs. People I know, people I don't know and will probably never know. I think Gods showing me many things through all of these blogs that I try to read every day. 1) I think he's showing me that even when we have what we think are days that are extremely hard, we have no idea what hard really is. 2) I think God's teaching me how to pray in a deeper way. I read these blogs and my heart breaks for these people going through difficult times and it compels me to lift them up to our Healer. 3) God is making me more aware that He does not promise us a perfect life, He promises to love us and take care of our every need. Again, this doesn't mean that He's going to meet every need I have the way I want those needs met. He's going to meet them in His time and in His way. 4) God is quickly teaching me not to take my health or the health of my family for granted. I am currently following several blogs where they have suffered a loss of a young child, have a child that was born very early, or have a child that has a quickly moving form of cancer. When I was pregnant with Isaac, I can't remember a time where it entered my mind that it is possible for this precious little one to not be perfect. I am much more aware this time around that God has formed this baby in His image. Psalm 139 has always been such a special passage to me, but now having children, it takes on a whole new light. Seeing once again that tiny little baby, not much more than 6-7 inches move all around and wiggle his fingers and toes I am truly amazed at How big our God is. He creates this perfect little life. I almost always cry during our ultrasounds, not because there's something wrong or out of excitement, but when I see that little baby move I'm flooded with the reminder that this baby is such a blessing from God. Like I've said before, this wasn't necessarily my plan to have a baby this quickly, but God's plan works in His time and in His way. I am so thankful though that God has given us another little boy so close in age to our precious Big Boy. I have a feeling they will be such good friends.
God is teaching me every day not to take Him for granted. In October God started bringing things to my mind that I need to be thankful for and not take for granted. Things like heat, running water, the house I live in, the things I have, that He meets our needs, that our bills are paid. There are so many people right now that wish they had all of those things and these are thing that we take for granted quite often. Lately Gods been impressing on me to be thankful for the hard times. This is NOT easy. For emphasis, let me repeat that this is extremely hard to do. Yesterday during church, Pastor John asked what we hold onto with open arms and what we hold onto with tightly closed fists. In realistic terms, there would only be a few "things" that I would be sad if God took away. Mainly my memories. The only thing I feel like I hold onto with tightly closed fists would be my family. I applaud Abraham for being willing to sacrifice his son Isaac because God wanted him to. I can't imagine doing that. This makes me more and more thankful for what God has given me.
I feel like there's so much I want to share, but I don't have the time or the words for now. But I ask you to be in prayer for so many families that need God's touch today.
1 comment:
Well said, my friend, well said.
Post a Comment